View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 06:26 PM   #23
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
And maybe I'm an optimist but I don't think a single kid will die.
Chances of a CFB player dying of COVID are very low, but not nil. I'm sure none of the 244 (at least) folks aged 24 or under that have died in this country of it so far figured they were at risk either.

And while the number of deaths in that age range are very low, death isn't the only negative consequence from COVID. Research out of Germany shows a many COVID survivors with inflammation in the heart and muscle lining - not good, as that could lead to serious heart conditions down the road. Some have experienced brain and neurological conditions after recovery, with headaches, dizziness, trouble concentrating or recalling things and hallucinations among the symptoms. Those that get ill enough to be intubated can experience serious lung issues.

Again, this probably won't happen to most college-aged folks that contract COVID. But it's not nothing either.

But as others have pointed out, it's not even so much about the risk to the players themselves as it is those around them - coaches, staff, family, friends - that could be at higher risk.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote