View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 12:12 AM   #1006
Radii
Head Coach

Injury Update

Lee Burton is injured playing for the reserve team, he's got a broken rib and is out 3-4 weeks.

September 18th, 2021

Chelsea(3-0-2, 6th) @ Ipswich(1-2-2, 16th)

Not exactly the next team I would have preferred to see to try to get a winning streak going. We owned them last year though! Chelsea are 4:7 favorites making us 4:1 dogs to get a win here today. We beat them twice last season. We're on TV in Prime Time for this one.

GK: Capitani
D: Kirkland/Welsh/Mattle/McKerr
M: Adagsmar/Donnelly/Mills/Jackson
F: Khan/Constantino

McKerr at DR, I wanted to get him in anyway, but today its not an option as Heywood is travelling with the England U20 squad. Donnelly gets right back in the lineup after his injury and Adagsmar is at ML today just to keep him fresh. I'm really hoping having our captain back out there will begin to help the squad get together.

We are not getting Chelsea's best todya, they're starting two backup strikers .

19': Our first highlight all match, we see them get two shots, one is a strong bending shot saved, the other right at Capitani. Capitani kicks it out left after holding the second shot.. but not deep... like 40 yards out? They win the header for the ball and its immediately sent forward to ST Thomas who has miles of open space in all directions, as we were going forward assuming we'd control possession.. Thomas is in the area and scores easily. 0-1

36': After a lot more dead time we see two highlights for our offense, lots of nice passing trying to find an opening but just poor shots that deflect out into safe space or go right at their keeper.

HALF: Its a pretty dull half, they shoot 9 times but 5 are from long range, they do get 4 on target. We have 6 shots but just 1 on target. Possession is even, they are tackling much better (80%/60%). I had once again started this match counter attacking figuring that's stil viable against a bigger club, but perhaps not!

50': Highlight opens with us attacking Adagsmar puts a ball deep into the penalty area, almost to the 6 yard box, their keeper stays back, Constantino gets to it... but carries it too far and the keeper pushes it away. He could have shot sooner than he did.

62': They build up on offense, a ball goes into the area for Balotelli, who came in at the half... and he scores a nice goal. 0-2

74': Bryan in for Constantino, Mariga in for Donnelly...

no more highlights the rest of the way, with a 2 goal lead Chelsea lock it down.

Ipswich 0 : 2 Chelsea

After a slow start in our first EPL season Constantino's confidence was just shot. I worry that's happening here. Of course, this is Chelsea, and they are very very good. No one was really bad or anything, entire team between 6.6-6.8.

-- O'Brien resumes full training and may be able to play against Watford in our League Cup match coming up soon.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote