View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #1033
Radii
Head Coach

-- We loan out youth ST Eoin Darcy to Shrewsbury for 3 months. They're my best feeder team and are in 2nd in League 1. They've already got my youth GK Roberts and reserve ST Rob Kershaw. Darcy should push them over the edge.

January 12th, 2022

Ipswich(7-5-9, 11th) @ Tottenham(13-3-6, 3rd)

Tottenham are 4:6 favorites today, we're 7:2 to get a win. Tottenham are having a hell of a season to be up in 3rd place at this point. They beat us 1:0 in September and we're 0-1-6 lifetime against them.

GK: Capitani
D: Kirkland/Mattle/O'Brien/Heywood
M: Adagsmar/Mills/Clifford/Gordon
F: Bendtner/Bryan

We play again in 3 days, I rest Hughes (Adagsmar in), Donnelly(Mills in) and Constantino (Bendtner in).

14': We earn a corner, its cleared but Kirkland sends it out wide for Gordon, he puts a great cross into the area for Bryan who heads it in... but he's very clearly offside.

22': Kirkland with a foul about 23ish yards out. They shoot on the free kick but its wide.

24': Yellow for defender Zimmerman.

34': yellow for Neil Gordon.

43': yellow for midfielder Dvorak

HALF: We get into the locker room scoreless after a very boring half, a good sign for us. We shoot 3 times, nothing on target yet. They have 5 shots, 1 on target. 5 of the 8 total shots are from long range. We are passing, tackling and heading better than them, though all 3 are close, and we have a slight possession edge. We'll face more pressure after halftime and we'll see how that works out.

68': There it is, we look sloppy trying to clear it out and finally give the ball away in midfield. They get ST Rix positioned to scoot behind our defense during a couple loose balls that all seem to fall right to Tottenham players, he receives a pass and scores easily. O'Brien takes the blame for that one. 0-1

70': Constantino in for Bryan, Doran in for Gordon, we'll make an effort to come out of our defensive shell here.

91': They win a ball in midfield and get a run down the right side... a pass comes into the area, Kirkland slows it down but doesn't fully get the interception there, ST Molnar is there in the area and gets the shot off and scores. 0-2

Tottenham 2 : 0 Ipswich

The ratings don't really reflect what I saw in the highlights. What I saw in the highlights were Mills and Clifford losing the ball non stop in midfield to start breaks for Tottenham.

Kirkland earns a 7.0 rating today. Capitani 6.1, Heywood 5.9, O'Brien 5.5, Gordon 5.9.

By sitting Constantino we basically signaled that we feel like we have a better shot against Huddersfield in our next match, but still, the effort today was pretty shitty.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote