View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #45
Landshark44
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
No offense, I just don't get it. That is 6 hrs worth of work basically, for quality you can find for 100 bucks more on the internet, if not less. Again, no offense to you, and you certainly aren't alone in camping/lining up way in advance for these "door busters," it just makes no sense to me dollar wise. (It also does make sense to me when these items are normally "casual" life items like bedroom sized TVs or netbooks. Not something that will necessarily play a big role in your productive or entertainment life.)

I don't get it either. I've never been before, and wasn't sure what to expect. Honestly, they said the TV would be available online (they lied), and I fully expected to buy one at some point on my iPhone Walmart App while I was waiting in line. My plan was to get in line, and at 12:01 purchase the TV, and say "so long suckers".....No luck, as I checked frequently between 12 and 5, with the price never moving off of $328....

I also had a $100 Walmart gift card, I got from work, so that bought the price down to a nice $98....

Again, though...

I couldn't imagine that the Walmart people would run such a half-assed event. My 10 year old could have planned it better. Would not do it again....
Landshark44 is offline   Reply With Quote