View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 10:05 PM   #30
Radii
Head Coach

Something is wrong w/ my partypoker bonus, it didn't credit when I deposited my $1000. So I'm going to play my second steps tourney while I wait for an e-mail back from party/wait to see my bonus moeny.

This is a single table sit n go. Top 2 make the next level, 3rd gets another try here, 4th gets a little cash and another step 1 shot.

Level 1 - 10/15 blinds

J7s, Button, folds

you start w/ 1000 chips here instead of the 800 at the step 1 level.

crap, cutoff, folds
AQo, cutoff-1, 3 limp, and I raise it to 80. SB calls, BB folds, only 1 of the 3 limpers calls. Flop is 826 all clubs. Checked to me, I bet 150 chips, a little over half the pot. I thankfully win it right there and get a quick boost up to 1205 chips.

J2o, cutoff-2, folds
97o, MP, folds
J8o, UTG+1, folds - KK busts out 66 and we're down to 9.
crap, UTG, folds

J8s, BB - free flop 3 handed, which comes QJ8 with 2 clubs. I lead out with a pot sized bet(55 chips) and get called by both opponents. The turn fucks me, a queen. I bet 110, half the pot, and get called by the big stack, and raised by the last guy. My two pair badly counterfieted, I give it up here. Our big stack had T9 for the flopped straight and is not an even bigger stack.

I'm back to even almost, 1015 chips.

Q2o, SB - I complete for 5 chips for a 6 way pot. I fold at first chance when it doesn't hit.

Level 2 - 15/30 blinds

crap, button, folds
K8o, cutoff, folds
T8o, cutoff-1, folds

Key Hand
AJo, MP - I open raise to 90 chips(3x blind) and get a call from the SB and the BB. Flop comes K97, two hearts. I have only the jack of hearts. I refrain from trying to buy the pot here. I check. Turn is the ace of hearts. I have the 2nd nut flush draw and top pair. SB leads out for 100, big stack calls, and I call. The river pairs the king on the board. Now I'm faced with a 500 chip bet that I really can't call. And I'm glad I didn't. Big stack bet it, I almost called, thinking bluff. But no, it was KQ.

I probably needed to throw out a flop bet there but I would not have gotten rid of top pair and I was really afraid of overplaying AJ.

Q4o, MP, folds
couple crap hands, folded

K3o, BB, folds to PF raise - TT > 77 all in, down to 8.

T2s, SB, folds
A8o, button - There's one limper and I try to bully my way to this pot w/ a 3x raise. I bet the flop when checked to me and win it right there.

Level 3 - 25/50 blinds

Key Hand
AA, cutoff - There's a minraise to 100 before me. I re-raise it to 350. The raiser has 530 left and I hope to get him all in. Unfortunately, he, and all left in the hand, fold.

I sit w/ 1085 chips, which is currently good for 3rd. Lots of small stacks, a 1600 stack, and a 4000 stack.

crap, cutoff-1, folds

crap for a few hands, folded

74s, BB - free 3-way flop. Flop comes AQ4. I check it around. Turn is a 6, making a flush possible, and I fold to a bet.

KTo, SB - folds to big stack raise and a call

A5s, button - big stack limps, I limp, both blinds play. Flop is 3 hearts, I have spades. I move out of the way.
K9o, cutoff, folds
74o, cutoff-1, folds

Level 4 - 50/100 blinds

96o, MP, folds

I have 960 chips. I'm still 3rd amazingly enough, out of 8.

two short stacks get doubled up on coin flips in consecutive hands.

some crap folded...

52s, BB - a short stack goes all in from the button, but I can't call with 52...

86o, SB, folds KK/99 all in. KK is now a solid #2 stack, 99 is gone. Down to 7.

A7s, button - a small all-in and a call before me, I fold. JT > A3 for a doubleup.
85o, cutoff, folds The #2 stack goes after the big stack, but they end up splitting AT vs A5 on an AQQQ board.

54o, MP, folds - 405 short stack all in. AK vs 33. 33 wins, AK gone. Down to 6

Two giant stacks... 4000/3000, then we have a 1200ish stack ahead of me now, and them I'm at 710, two guys under 500.

J6o, BB, folded to me.

Level 5 - 100/200 blnids

KJo - a short stack limps, I go all in, short stack calls me with 98o. Why did he limp 98o UTG for over half his stack? I hold up and eliminate the short stack. Down to 5.

A2o, UTG, folds
64o, BB - folds to a raise
65o, SB, folds - big stack and the stack about my size put in a fair amount pre-flop.
J5o, button, folds

2 Key Hands
QJs, UTG - 5 handed? 200 blinds? Good enough for an all in. Everyone folds though.
ATs, BB - big stack min-raises. I push all in again. I gotta come in 2nd here... if I bust now I'm just otu $11. Opponent CALLS with J7o. I hold up for the big win.

I now have 2750 chips for a solid 2nd place.

Level 6 - 150/300 blinds

J8o, SB, folds - big stack min-raises again. #3 guy pushes for 1600. Short stack calls for 540. AQ vs Q8s. Q8 flops a flush but AQ has the ace of the suit, rivers a 4 flush. Down to 4.

Q4s, button, folds

stacks are 3055, 2791, 2746, and 808. I have 2746.

AA, UTG - I raise it 3x, and everyone folds again

94s, BB - short stack all in, 250 for me to call, I have to call w/ any 2 there. I lose to his J7.

95o, SB, folds
73o, button, folds

K9s, UTG, I steal the blinds w/ a raise.
J6, BB - folded to me.

T8o, sB, I fold
98o, button, folds

Level 7 - 200/400 blinds

65o, UTG, folds

all of us are still pretty much in the same position now that we were when we dropped to 4.

64o, BB, I fold to a raise.

AA - SB - WTF AA 3 times? Amazing. SOMEONE BET PLEASE. DAMMIT. I min-raise and steal the blinds. I can't limp with them, heads up yes, but not here.

Q7s, button, folds - big pot between the other two largers stacks. our former "big stack" that outchipped everyone early folds to an all in on a flop, and is now in 3rd, i'm in 2nd, taykenz is in first.

87o, UTG, foldsj - AQ vs A3 all in. They split w/ 2 pair on the board, dammit, shoulda been down to 3 there.

QJo, BB - SB min-raises, he's a short stack. I push all in over him. He has 97s, I catch a jack, I win. Down to 3.

KTo, SB - steal blinds

I'm now chipleader. 4600 chips. The other two are at 1800/3500. top 2 is the key here.

KJo, BB - folded to me.
JTo, SB, folds to raise

Level 8 - 250/500 blinds

Q8, button, folds shades46 is now back in 2nd, Taykenz in 3rd, but it's close all the way around.
Q6o, BB - folds to an all in
K2o, SB, folds to a big raise - surely these two are gonna get all in eventually. They're stealing my blinds an awful lot at the moment.

89o, button, folds - other two stacks go at it again, shades goes all in after the pot is 1500 and wins it. taykenz under 2K by a bit now.

73o, BB - folded to me, hooray.

A3s, SB - I min-raise, shades calls. I flop a flush draw. I bet 1500(2000 pot) and he folds. I'm up over 5000, over half the chips at the table.

crap, button, folds

95o, BB - folded to me.

taykenz is under 1K now.

AJo, SB - taykenz all in. I have AJ and call. tay has 42o. He wins. Catches a 4.

I still have over 4K.

crap, button, folds - shades min-raise, tay re-raise, shades all in. KK vs QQ. taykenz is GONE.

shades46 and I advance to step 3!

I win an entry into the $200+$15 3rd step. It loosens up a bit there. The top 3 advance. 4th gets another step 3 entry. 5th-7th drop back 1 step to step 2. 8th back to step 1 + $3 cash. 9th/10th nothing.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote