View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #88
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I'm going to have to relinquish my spot. After looking over the rules there is no way I will be able to find enough time, especially with no set deadlines.

It looks like it should be a fun game though. Good luck to all.

Just speaking towards this concern - and not to the availability of EagleFan - I do not think that the time commitment needs to be immense due to the real-time nature.

If your character has an action, it can be submitted whenever you are online. And you should see the results immediately, rather than having to check back in later after the standard day/night deadline. And then you can take your action again when it becomes available once more, after whatever time allotment is defined in the character PM.

If you have a vote to make, you don't have to try and get it in before a deadline. Make it when you are in the thread, when you are caught up on the reading, etc.

Now, is it really this simple? Well, my answer is that it can be. If someone has a lot of time they might find some greater advantages to the real-time element but I don't want to necessarily spell out all my thoughts on how this could play out before the game gets started.

Bottom line - I think that the lack of standard day/night deadlines could end up being more friendly to players with limited time than the rules in a conventional game. Similarly, I think these rules are likely to be more friendly to someone playing from a non EST/CST timezone.

I would be interested in hearing thoughts of others on this.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote