View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #420
Radii
Head Coach

Fans Player of the Year

Ed Upson is voted the Woking Player of the Year by the fans. This is the 3rd year in a row he has won this award!

Woking Best Eleven

No Surprises here

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou, Smith, Taylor, Ogogo
MC: Upson, O'Sullivan
AM: Colin, N'Guessan
ST: Constantino, Harsanyi

Bench: Middleton, N'Diaye, Ferry, Williams, Alcock, Subotic, Oliver-Pearce

Reserve defender James Oliver-Pearce named to the team over Dan Taylor, Matthew Paterson or Shane Kelly is actually a surprise. He only played one match! Kelly was only a 3 month loaner but I think he should have had that last spot.

All Time Best Eleven

Constantino is given a backup spot on the team, but only one new starter is named this year. Vince Taylor takes over at DC for Mike Williams. Here's the team:

GK: Kevin Lynch (289 apps/6.75 rating)
DL: Stelios Nikolaou (147 apps/7.13 rating)
DC: Vince Taylor (80 apps/7.01 rating)
DC: Mark Ricketts (153 apps/3 goals/6.86 rating)
DR: Abu Ogogo (115 apps/6.94 rating)
ML: Sam Sloma (84 apps/4 goals/6.70 rating)
MC: Ed Upson (124 apps/16 goals/7.25 rating)
MC: Joe O'Sullivan (222 apps/15 goals/7.15 rating)
MR: Moses Ademola (167 apps/37 goals/6.85 rating)
FC: Giusepe Sole (130 apps/62 goals/6.94 rating)
FC: Zoltan Harsanyi (218 apps/96 goals/7.04 rating)

If Harsanyi can survive for a bit in League 1 (and I have to assume that at worst he'll be a backup all year next year), he has a shot to be the first player to score 100 goals for Woking.

Best Eleven - Where Are They Now?

Giuseppe Sole was signed by Dartford in the Blue Square South last year but didn't play a match. Unfortunately they were demoted out of the BSS last year.

Sole is the only "starter" in our best eleven to be actively playing for another team. Seven still play with us, while Sam Sloma, Moses Ademola and Mark Ricketts have retired.

Promotion Salary Increases

A very common clause is an automatic raise should we earn promotion. Most noteworthy players on our squad received such a bonus. Dany N'Guessan makes $4400/wk and Ed Upson now makes $4100/wk for us. Ogogo and Vince Taylor bump up to over $3000/wk.

TV Rights

Woking receive $619,000 for Coca Cola League 1 Television Rights. We received $437,000 in league 2, so this is a nice bump for us.

Season Expectations

Clearly we have only one goal in our first season in leauge 1. We will do everything in our power to avoid relegation.

For this we receive a $1000 transfer budget ($1k, really?) and a weekly payroll of $49.5k/wk. Our allotment last year was $34k/wk and we never got close to that, we were about $4k/wk under budget most of the season. With the raises we gave out for promoting to league one we currently sit at $36,182/wk. We have a lot of room here.

-- We receive two parachute payments as Nottingham Forest and Burnley make it back to the EPL. Combined we make $165,000 from these.

Attendance Record

Two seasons ago we averaged 3637 fans, but in our promotion season we saw that skyrocket to 4743.

League 1 Promotion Odds

Wigan are the favorites here, 2:1 to promote back up to the championship. Peterborough and Bournemouth are both 6:1 and no one else is even close. Swindon, Colchester and Crystal Palace are 20:1, we are 40:1.

I'd like to give a shout out to Quiksand and one of the best series of CM/FM Dynasties ever seen on this board and go ahead and state: "We hate Wigan". (holy shit I just searched the archives and that was 8 years ago, why do i remember that?)

This takes us up to June 27th and our "Pre-Season" coaches meeting. Its time to step back and review my coaching staff and roster and identify holes to fill for the upcoming season.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote