Old 06-29-2018, 07:35 PM   #60
Izulde
Head Coach

@ SAP FC (5th)
G: George Frederick
D: Chesley Henry/Audwin Blackwood/Anderson Derrick/Lenny Hunte
M: Connor Hughes-Mason/Bo Cochrane/Gayson Smith
S: Bo Benjamin/Kelly Matthew/Brentton Matthew

Trap game. They haven't won at home yet.

16 seconds - Benjamin to Brentton Matthew in the box. Defender closes in and exposes space for the tap and score to Kelly Matthew. Might be a record. 1-0

21 - Flawlessly executed counter, capping in Kelly Matthew dribbling down the middle of the pitch and passing into box space. Keeper comes out and Brentton Matthew punishes him for it 2-0

22 - Cochrane steals the ball, igniting yet another counter. Kelly Matthew flies down the left flank and crosses to where Brentton Matthew and Smith are in tandem. It's BM who takes the ball, dribbles, and slams in the mid-range. 3-0

30 - Cochrane steals he ball on the throw-in, passes to Kelly Matthew in the box, and on the cross, Brentton Matthew high-kicks it into the top of the net for his half-hour hat trick and 10th goal of the year!!!!! 4-0

60 - Cochrane launches the free kick high and left to Hughes-Mason. Cross, and Brentton Matthew again pierces the top of the net! 5-0

75 - You just don't stop those 5-1

90 - Pure laziness on our part 5-2

Our backline tanked the last 15 minutes of the game, but our other guys held strong - 7.8 or higher for the midfield and strikers except Bo Benjamin, with a near-perfect 9.9 by Brentton Matthew, 9.2 from Kelly Matthew, and 8.0 by Bo Cochrane as the three standouts.

Kelly Matthew did indeed break not only the team record, but the league record as well with that score. We've also set a team high 12 games unbeaten. Lenny Hunte will miss the next game due to yellows.

vs Piggotts Bullets (2nd)
G: George Frederick
D: Chesley Henry/Audwin Blackwood/Anderson Derrick/Gayson Edwards
S: Bo Benjamin/Kelly Matthew/Brentton Matthew

These dudes, tho. 2 points behind us and the 3rd place team is 7 points behind - meaning even if we dropped the next 3 games and they won the next 3, they'd tie us on points for 2nd and we'd be just past the halfway mark of the season.

17 - Exactly what I was afraid of 0-1

25 - Cochrane to Hughes-Mason in the half-circle. There's a trio of defenders swarming all over him, but he finds the gap to put it in the left side of the box for a streaking Benjamin. Cross, and Brentton Matthew drills it behind the keeper, who has had an amazing game so far 1-1

35 - Jesus fucking CHRIST! We should be up like 4-1 by now, but nope fucking BEHIND! 1-2

37 - Such bullshit 1-3

59 - Blackwood charges to intercept and flares it to Brentton Matthew in the right side of the box. Cross and Benjamin nails the midrange to put us in striking distance of salvaging a draw 2-3

62 - Lewis in for Edwards; 3-4-3 formation with Blackwood sitting and Simon as MC. On second thought we say fuck it and pull Kelly Matthew for Joseph too, rearranging strikers.

82 - And that's all she wrote. 2-4

90 - Absolute embarrassment. 2-5

A journalist keeps me hammering me with the same fucking question about a Bullets player, so I tell him to go fuck himself in numerous impossible positions and storm out.

Bo Benjamin whines and complains that he's not getting enough and is offended at my new contract offer. By the end of our conversation, he wants out, so off he goes into free agency.

Randolph Edwards is caught talking shit on social media, so I warn him. He cries about that so I transfer-list him. Season is going to shit in a hurry.

@ Young Warriors (6th)
G: George Jarvis
D: Chesley Henry/Audwin Blackwood/Anderson Derrick/Lenny Hunte
S: Eugene Joseph/Kelly Matthew/Brentton Matthew

14 - Hunte centers to Cochrane for the pass to Brentton Matthew. Short pass to Smith just inside the box, but he's hammered and the ball rolls left... right in to the path of Kelly Matthew for the score! 1-0

15 - I knew I should have paid that guy what he wanted to come here 1-1

41 - WTF IS THIS TEAM SUDDENLY SHIT?!?! It's called back for offsides, but still. 1-1

Lewis is in for Henry at half. Screaming ensues.

57 - Simon for Cochrane; George for Hughes-Mason

61 - Derrick storms forward to send it into the box and Joseph beats the keeper to the punch for his first Fort Road goal!!! 2-1

68 - Kelly Matthew passes right into box space as an outlet from pressure. Joseph gets there and centers back to Kelly Matthew for the insurance goal 3-1

8.8 and PotM for Kelly Matthew, 7.6 for Eugene Joseph.

Halfway through the season, we're a point and -3 GD behind Piggotts Bullets, who have literally been unbeatable.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote