View Single Post
Old 04-14-2004, 04:44 PM   #5
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Treasure on the Trail

Went out after jury duty today, went looking for the one that I couldn't find the other night with my family. It's a nice bike path which makes for a good place to walk, or ride for that matter.

This time my GPS narrowed me in a little closer and I noticed that it looks like it was on the opposite side of the track that I thought it was on the last time. IT didn't take too long and I noticed something under a part of a log. It was a tupperware container with 'Official Geocache' on the lid. This was what I was looking for.

Inside there were a few trinkets, like one of those McDonalds Lion King Happy Meal toys, a mouse pad and even a dollar. I had nothing to exchange yet so I just signed the log as it was the satisfaction that was the reward.

I placed it back in it's position and went about my business. The trail was empty, with it being misty all day, so I didn't have to worry about people riding by while I was looking for, or signing the log to the cache.

This will be my first solo find, something that I am proud of. With my eyes as bad as they are, I had worried if I would be able to find things easily enough.

Now it's back home and time to relax a little with a game of Far Cry. I'll be planning a weekend of geocaching since the forecast looks nice. hat will be something fun for the family.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote