View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 10:50 AM   #2921
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I don't really mind who wins today, though seeing SF and CIN take out the favorites certainly appeals to me

...and I tend to drift the opposite way. I have a mild-to-medium "anti-playoffs" streak in me, and about this time, I tend to root for justice, rather than the hot hand. I philosophically dislike it when a team that powered through a months-long season and established true dominance ends up getting nipped by a plucky underdog and gets sent packing. I know that having playoffs inures to my benefit as a viewer and fan, and is the reason why we sometimes get what happened last weekend, but I still at some point root for the just deserts, in the positive sense.

The NFC with a #4 vs #6 seed doesn't feel that way, but the AFC still does to me. Sure, the Chiefs are annoying and familiar and were far from perfect this year, but... while I rooted against them last weekend, I think I'm quietly rooting for them (and the Rams) to reassert their proper dominance this weekend, as a sort of "set things right" outcome.

Last edited by QuikSand : 01-30-2022 at 10:51 AM.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote