View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 04:52 PM   #401
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There is a Hall of Dark Lords back in the hallway. The long hallways has five statues at various places, and each in front of a doorway or exit. There are no other ways out. The walls on the hallway begin to cry out and sing in praise of chaos as Alzar passes by.

Each statue is around 8 feet tall and exquisitely made. Each of the five statues was carved by a Lord of Chaos in their honor. To the left is the first one, and it’s a single block of amber, and a skeleton body, barely human. It awakens as Alzar nears, tells Alzar that:

“I am the form of the Heart of Darkness, which is called Shiv, I am in the image of she who is lord of Pestilence, rotting, and corruption. I am the Giver of Lifelessness. I, whom am master of all of this, desire a sacrifice. Thou, who hast given the gift of death to so many, hast found favor in my eyes. Give willingly of a token of thy devotion, and that make thee strong for our cause.”

Alzar thinks, and then heads up and has the golem grab a corpse from upstairs of one of the chaos champions he slew. He gives it to the statue.

“As the sacrifice was given, so shall the prize. Step into the alcove and be rewarded, bloody-handed one.”

The statue pulls back, and the doorway to the room beyond can be moved through. In here is a large amber mace leaning on the wall with murals of diseased people praying to the mace. Alzar has the golem gather it, and as it does, the mace leaps into Alzar’s hand, and since Alzar is not a cleric, he loses 1 STR and CON immediately.

Typhus - INT 11, EGO 16, CN, can only be handled by clerics without bad stuff happening, +3 mace, immune to disease, every hit causes disease per the spell unless a save is made. Can cast cloudill and wither once/day, and gives +1 to level for turning or commanding undead. -1 STR and CON to any non cleric who tries to wield it. Each time uses a spell, moves more towards CN. When removed, truns to normal Align, or regains lost STR/CON after one week.

Alzar tosses Typhus into a Bag of Holding for later.

Alzar’s stats don’t change for this adventure - CON at 8 isn’t any different than at 9, and his STR is magically bumped anyways.

Returning to the hallway, the next alcove has a deep green stone statue in front, with a 6 foot tall humanoid male, peacefully looking calm. It animates as well…

“Greetings mortal. I am the image of the Night Lord. The Nameless, the Unseen, the Silent, lord of the bats, the insects and the cards. I am the master of all that lurks in darkness and Lord of all nightmares and the Weaver of Dreams. I feed on the thoughts of others. I, who am master of all of this, desire a sacrifice. Give willingly this time of thy love for me, and I shall give thee a token of power to make thee strong for our cause.”

Alzar doesn’t want to lose any of his thoughts. That’s way too precious for him. He skips this one for now.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote