View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 02:15 PM   #436
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alzar grabs the Carpet and the group gets on. He tells them what he saw, and plans an attack against the Ogre Mage. Alzar’s Ring of Invisibility is used on himself, and the rest will follow on the Carpet. Alzar meanwhile will creep afterwards and get in position, and they each have a Scroll of Communication and can write back and forth to each other.

Alzar follows easily enough. The Ogre Mage heads to its lair, and from here there is a path to am ambush spot above the passage with boulders and javelins lined there. Alzar moves silently successful and moves into position invisibly. The Ogre Mage chuckles as he realizes the Marble is a magical item and what the word Alzar used was. He chuckles at the stupidity of humans.

Alzar positions for an ambush of his own, and writes a message to the others. He animates the Onyx Dog into Kithog to prepare to battle.

In a moment, he gets the message back, stores his things quietly, and then moves to backstab with his Gladius…

+4 to hit, +6 due to physical form of target matching giants, even if essence is not, Alzar gest +11 to hit with his strength and…tosses a 09 - that hits.

Alzar connects.

He deals -

1d6 (he rolled a 4) +6 for Gladius, +1 for Strength, and the n x 2 for backstab - 22 damage. Kithog is next to him and the giant roars. Suddenly as it spins around to face Alzar, the party breaks out from outside line of sight to fly over with the carpet silently to missile range:

“Hello giant! You took something of mine, and I want it back! I figured I’d come it to get from you, man to man!”

Alzar obviously implies that he is here by himself, but doesn’t come out and say it. The giant grins, and then grabs his great halberd and swings it at Alzar. He rolls a 14 and hits66 tossed for evasion, so Alzar takes 14 damage.

66/80

Alzar swings and misses intentionally. He wants to keep the giant from thinking he is a major threat Kithog bites for 2 damage. Ogre Magi can cast gaseous form when badly threatened, once/da. Alzar takes a hit of 9 and fails to evade

58/80

Alzar loses init. Ogre Magi regenerate as well. As Alzar “misses” he gains more and more confidence

Alzar misses and Kithog tries to hi and actually misses too.

3 vs 2.

The giant swings and hits Alzar for 11 Alzar dodges though.

It’s time. Alzar sees he message and swings for real and…tosses a 14 for 10 damage. It healed 4 from wounds, and took two from Kithog, so its -30 damage taken. Meanwhile, Magic Missile flash into his body, and Alzar loaned the Iuon Sphere that gives bonuses to caster level. It takes 6 damage from the missiles.

Since their cleric was without any magic that harms at first level, she has one of the Thunderpots Alzar made after capturing the equipment to do so. Alzar told he to toss it and she does. 15 damage to Alzar, Kithog, and the Giant. Normally, you wouldn’t expect to use fire here, but Alzar assured her hat it works. Alzar and Kithog survive, the “giant” doesn’t, and collapses under its own weight, without ever realizing its death.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote