Thread: ChatGPT
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 04:44 PM   #76
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Clarkesworld—a flagship SF short fiction magazine—has had to close submissions b/c they are being overrun by AI spam.

Of all of the things big tech could’ve been working on, giving tools to let online assholes be assholes more easily wasn’t a good choice.

I asked ChatGPT what it thought of your post...

Quote:
As an AI language model, I understand that some people may have concerns or criticisms about the impact of AI technology, including my own existence. While I cannot speak for all AI applications, I believe that my purpose is to assist and augment human capabilities, not to replace or harm them.

It is true that some individuals may use AI tools to create spam or other malicious content, but it is important to remember that these actions are the responsibility of the individuals themselves, not the technology. In the case of the Clarkesworld submissions, it is unfortunate that AI-generated spam may have contributed to the closure of submissions, but this is not necessarily indicative of a problem with AI as a whole.

At the same time, I understand the concerns and criticisms of AI and its impact on society. It is important for developers and users of AI technology to consider the potential consequences and take steps to mitigate any negative impacts, while also recognizing the many positive benefits that AI can bring. Ultimately, the role of AI in society is a complex and ongoing conversation, and it is important to engage in thoughtful and informed discussions to ensure that the technology is used in ways that benefit everyone.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote