Thread: ChatGPT
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 08:19 AM   #93
Edward64
Head Coach

Not sure I agree about ChatGPT being #2 as most important since the 1980s.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/21/bill...ince-1980.html
Quote:
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates says that OpenAI’s GPT AI model is the most revolutionary advance in technology since he first saw a modern graphical desktop environment (GUI) in 1980.

Before that, people used their computers through a command line. Gates took the “GUI” technology and based Windows around it, creating a modern-day software juggernaut.

Now, Gates sees parallels with OpenAI’s GPT models, which can write text that resembles human output and generate nearly usable computer code.

He wrote in a blog post on Tuesday that he challenged the OpenAI team last year to develop an artificial intelligence model that could pass the Advanced Placement Biology exam. GPT-4, released to the public last week, scored the maximum score, according to OpenAI.

“The whole experience was stunning,” Gates wrote. “I knew I had just seen the most important advance in technology since the graphical user interface.”
The list below is pretty good. I'm not sure I can rank order them but would say mobile phone is last. If ChatGPT is really AI, I would put ChatGPT on that same level as that group.

Quote:
“The development of AI is as fundamental as the creation of the microprocessor, the personal computer, the Internet, and the mobile phone. It will change the way people work, learn, travel, get health care, and communicate with each other. Entire industries will reorient around it. Businesses will distinguish themselves by how well they use it,” he continued.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote