View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 05:46 PM   #389
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I get why it's beneficial to have racial diversity at a university, that's a benefit to the educational experience, but this discussion makes it sound like we assume that all people of a race have the same experiences and viewpoints. So if you get "a black guy" you've got the "black viewpoint" covered. Make that makes everybody happier and feel like they're better people, but that tokenism feels so 80s.

That was my exact thought in reading this. Beyond that, as someone disgusted with both parties right now, I rarely hear any new ideas worth anything and I find it hard to have a discussion with a member of EITHER party without running into some sort of brick wall in thought.

Immigration seems to have three solutions: Kick all the illegals out, let them all stay, kick only the violent ones out. I think all three solutions are garbage.

As long as we have this hive mind mentality where our side is the only right one, there are no viewpoints to be had, only solutions for attacking the other side. Which is how this idiot got in office and why this country is so ridiculously divided on everything right now.

edit: If the young black female or the old white guy in this example have a plan which looks similar to the "other sides" plan, what happens? My guess is diversity won't come into play. They'll be either eased out of their position or not listened to anymore. I can see how it could be a great thing. With the hive minds of each party, I think it has little, if any value.

Last edited by TroyF : 11-21-2016 at 05:50 PM.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote