View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 06:20 AM   #431
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
I understand your reasoning, but I have yet to see that in ML baseball. Maybe it's coming eventually...

However, I'd really like to see logic built-in for the team to not only keep high-priced players on the major league roster, but also in the day-to-day lineup (unless the guy is batting .100). We know we've seen that hundreds of times in the past - the expensive players get precedence in roster moves as well as setting the lineup.
I agree with your argument from a realism standpoint, but this is a point where I'd sacrifice realism for challenge, because it's not like I'll be looking carefully at AI rosters, anyway. Other than during beta, the only time I *ever* look at AI rosters is if I'm playing against them in a postseason series. At that point I only care about who they have in the starting lineup--and I'd prefer they do whatever it takes--including signing a $10M guy to replace a fading $10M guy--to put the best 9 on the field every day.

It's the same discussion we had about FOF's AI rosters and the amount of turnover on them. AI teams usually only keep 15-20 players from one year to the next, but it appears that it actually makes the game a little harder--because they keep their stars. I'd rather keep the challenge and sacrifice the realism in this case.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 03-09-2005 at 06:21 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote