View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 10:29 AM   #441
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Are those the real payrolls? When you equalize cities, does that tend to deflate contracts?

Also, once you equalize, do the cities slowly gain back their big market, small market characteristics, or do the cities remain "equalized?"
1 & 2. I noticed that too, ran the 2105 season, and ended up bug-reporting to Clay. Those budgets don't accurately reflect what a team can spend and make a profit yet. Payrolls across the board are a little higher than the payroll budgets, and some are a lot higher. The Chisox, for example, with a $29.1M budget, actually spent $81.0M on payroll, and only lost $9.2M, Now, they won 107 games this year and got to host three home playoff games, so people came to see 'em play. That being said, salaries *are* a littler lower, although the top-tier players still command nearly $20M per year. However, a non-equalized 2100 salary look has 19 players making more than $13M, while in this league only 7 players are making that much.

3. No. Even in 2105, all cities have the following:

Population: 1,000,000
Region Population: 3,000,000
Per Capita Income: $22,500
Stadium Capacity: 50,000

What DOES change over time is fan loyalty--which is based on ticket prices, TV contracts, and how well you do on the field. In the current league, it ranges from A+ (St. Louis) to D- (Toronto).

Looking over this, I have realized that there's something else that you can do (which I did not) to further "equalize" your start: Under Tools-->Advanced Tools, you can choose to "reset team grades"--which sets every team's starting fan loyalty at B-. Without doing this, all teams begin 2005 with differing fan loyalty ratings--even with cities equalized.