View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 02:51 AM   #10
Rawhide
High School Varsity

So back to our Euro 2016 qualifying, with one game in March against Ukraine. They sorely need a win or risk losing touch with Spain and ourselves in this pool.

Goalkeeper Allan McGregor is injured, and Cammy Bell gets another game at the back. Jack Grimmer (21yo defender from Fulham, loaned out to Blackpool) is named to make his debut, while Liam Palmer (23yo defender from Sheffield Wednesday) and Callum Paterson (20yo winger from Aston Villa) could also see their first international action if they take the field.

GK - Bell
DEF - Crainey, Whittaker, Wilson, Grimmer
MID - Adam, D.Fletcher, Snodgrass, Brown
FOR - Watt, Rhodes

31 - Scotland 1-0 (Rhodes)
58 - Palmer replaces Brown, Paterson replaces Watt

We hold on for a very, very, very important win! Spain beat Kazakhstan 3-0 and all of our sudden we have ourselves a box seat in a qualification berth.

Scotland 10 (+3)
Spain 9 (+8)
Ukraine 4 (-1)
Bulgaria 2 (-3) (3 games)
Kazakhstan 2 (-7) (5 games)

Four games to go, and we'll possibly only need another 4 points to be sure of qualifying for our first major tournament since the 1998 World Cup.
The clouds methought would open and show riches ready to drop upon me, that, when I wak'd, I cried to dream again.
Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote