Thread: American - 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 10:21 AM   #177
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I looked at the rosters and thought we had a good chance against Navy. However, they ran the ball right down our throat early. We had no answer for their triple option rushing and they threw the ball 5 of 5 on PA passes and other misdirection plays. Suddenly, we were down 14-0 and in trouble.

We managed to get our first TD but they answered right away to make it 21-7. We weren't stopping their run or passing game. I knew I had to make an adjustment so I started selling out to stop the run with 8 or 9 men in the box...

That didn't work too well as they scored again after we fumbled a kickoff. Down 28-7, things looked bleak. We managed to score a TD before the half though and then we got the ball to start the 2nd half. Our offense started really clicking and we moved it down the field without problem. Down 28-21 at the end of 3, but we still needed a stop.

Fortunately, we shut down 2 running plays and forced a punt. Our offense moved it down the field to make it 28-28 with 4 minutes to go. We looked like we were in trouble as they passed it down the field but on 3rd and 5 on our 30, their QB caved under pressure and threw a horrible pass right to our DB!

We methodically moved the ball down the field and with 13 seconds left, we scored the winning rushing TD! 35-28 win for us in a thrilling game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-09-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote