View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

The Pyramid - WSU Signing day Presser - Now Recruiting Tracker

Thought it might be fun to do a real life style signing day presser to add some flair and immersion so here goes:

First we hit on every guy we signed. We think all of them are players and wouldn't trade any of them for anyone in the world. A few future all pro NFL hall of famers for sure. Blah blah blah

A quick run down on our class.

1 - TE Weaver 5 *. We didnt set out to need a TE intending instead to sign one next year. But the #1 TE in the country listed WSU as his favorite from the get go so we jumped in and had him in the fold by week 9

2- ATH/(QB) Wise 5* - Our #1 priority was signing our QB of the future and we had to run all the way to signing day but big things in this kids future. Big things. Most unusual recruitment. Visited everywhere but here had to pick the lock 2x but got our man in the end. #1 overall player. (81OVR)

3 - ATH (QB/DB) Miller 4* - He was deemed more obtainable than Wise from the get go so we signed him quickly. He could have been our QB of the future (75 OVR) but with Wise inking he will likely move to a DB spot.

4- WR Mitchell 4* - We have a litany of good young WR who all fall into the possession mold and we needed a big field stretcher. Mitchell fits the bill with his 90 speed. Led for him out of the gates and chased him to week 9 to earn his commitment.

5 - SS Lewis 4* Our defensive backfield needs a talent injection. This 78 OVR rated SS fits the bill.

6 - CB Townsend 4* 80 OVR. Stud we identified in week 2 but we werent on his board and trailed by 2,735. Once he saw the magic of Puhlman we had him on the board by week 7. Big time get for us. Will start as a Freshamn.

7 - WR Underwood 4* - As mentioned above needed some speed at WR. We played with Underwood from the start all the way to NSD his 68 OVR scares me but his 95 SPD reassures us he will find a roll in our offense.

8 - DE Pierce 4* 79 OVR - Both of our starters here were Fr last year so we needed a talent infusion. Pierce started out with us as 3rd and we had him inked by week 5. Another likely starter as a true Fr

9 - DE Watson 4* 75 OVR - We set out to sign 2 DE's and after landing Pierce early set our sights on Watson. Not as dominant as Pierce but will play a role for us.

10 - WR Jackson 4* - We said we needed speed at WR but this 77 OVR possession guy was too good to pass up.

11- ATH Lee 69 OVR - The guys think he is a FS, not real sure where he fits but he can run, catch and tackle. We will find a home for him somewhere on our team.

12 - SS Walker 4 * 68 OVR - Really need numbers in the DB. ANd as time went on we thought we would be stuck using Miller at QB. We moved on Walker in week 10 and signed him in week 13 to provide some numbers here JIC. May not make the team after Wsie will allow me to move Miller into the defensive backfield we will see.

13 - G Willis 70 OVR - We needed warm bodies and he is one. Next

14 - DT Hamilton 3 * 73 OVR. My early season notes say this about DT. "5 Starter level players. None graduate. No room need none."...but when a mid 70s kid keeps you listed #1 without any attention the first 5 weeks of the season you have to open your eyes. Started recruiting in week 5 signed in week 9.

15 - CB Landrum 3* 75 OVR - One of 4 Gems we signed. Listed as a 3* but graded at 75 OVR with blazing speed. Only needed 1 CB this off season and Townsend more than fit the bill. Still too talented not to sign once it became apparent we could. May stick at CB or may get slid to SS/FS.

16 - Rodgers K 3* - Intend to cut our current kicker who is rated 90 OVR as a P despite being a K by position and 77 there, since I didnt understand the rule here. So needed a replacement. Rodgers fits the bill.

17 - Huff - MLB 3* 79. We run mostly a 4-3 or 3-3-5 so MLB isnt a huge position for us. Additionally I have 3 good starter quality players so I didnt intend to take a MLB. Was scouting mass quantities of MLB guys looking for an OLB skill set and look what we found a +12 gem. SIgned him up. Not sure if he stays inside or (more likely) moves outside. Either way he will help us immediately.

18 - OLB McCarty 3 * 68 OVR Preseason notes say "Both starters graduate this year. Have a stud underclassmen and a bunch of role players. Need 2." McCarty was attainable and serviceable. He will bump a couple walk ons. Hope to out recruit him before his time is up but for now he is an assett.

19 - DE Edwards 2* 53 OVR. None of my staff has ever heard of this kid. But on signing day he faxed his LOI in and drew a picture of a pirate ship on the top. Like the moxie. We have a scholarship open so we took him. Will probably cut him in camp. (Seriously didnt recruit this kid it was what I term a signing day surprise where your committ board doesnt match your target board and you go searching ...here he is)

20 - G Wilson 2 * 69 OVR. As I mentioned we needed warm bodies up front. He fits the bill.

Sorry for the typos. Have a cast on the hand now. Sucks.

Last edited by CU Tiger : 11-24-2015 at 05:41 PM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote