View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 10:28 AM   #320
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Washington State came in needing to cut 6 players.

First we cut a TE who was a previous walk-on. 43 OVR.

Then we cut a true Freshman DE Edwards. We discussed him in the signing day presser. Never recruited him but he faxed a LOI with a Pirate Ship drawing. We like pirates. we signed him and gave him a scholly but cut him from the team. Maybe he has a future in the art department.

SS Greg Walker was a true freshman as well. He was a JIC signing and well...he didnt cut the mustard.

Then a couple knuckle head made things easy on us.
The 2 highest rated OVR players on our team (97 ovr each) QB Sheldon Dredrick and P Steve Washington got caught up with an agent and if there is one thing we do not tolerate around here it is players getting $50 bonuses when those should be added on to the millions our head coach makes. Unacceptable. Both had to go.

[In reality. Frederick was the final hold over from when I took over. And while a 97 OVR QB, despite his 98 throwing accuracy and 95 throwing power he only had 59 speed. He was a statue and wasnt going to play. He was a SR and we lost him after this year anyway. My starter is a Jr I can't redshirt the future QB Wise because I feel strongly he will transfer if I do. So I will play both this year and redshirt Wise NEXT year, Grant's final year unless he surpasses him.

The P should have been cut because of the 90 OVR rule.]

The final cut came from a redshirt Freshman OLB who we just have out recruited.

With those difficult decisions made it was time to move on.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote