Thread: American - 2015
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 08:42 AM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I really though this was going to be a throw away season, so I decided to redshirt my scrambling QB and focus on Colvin...

Well, I may have to reconsider that. We just upset Vicksburg 21-17!!

Our defense was the key. I think I've finally got a good defense for against the computer. We'll see. Our offense started off horribly as the guy I thought would be our best received dropped ball after ball. We went into the 1st only down 3-0 as dropped passes repeatedly stalled our drives. However, our defense was ferocious and was forcing 3's and outs.

Our offense got going in the 2nd quarter after our special teams recovered the rare muffed punt! We finally got our running game going and Colvin found Tucker for a TD pass. Tucker had a big day and he had another TD pass to put us up 14-3 with 1:50 to go...

Then, Vicksburg's offense has their first big play of the day as Stokes broke a tackle and had a huge run against us. A play later he ran it in from the 2 himself. 14-10 and I knew we were getting the ball back but I decided to go aggressive even with only 50 seconds left...

It paid off as I took a chance trying to squeeze a seam route pass to my TE who broke a tackle and rumbled 66 yards before being dragged down from behind. The next play we ran it in for a TD.

We went into the half 21-10.

We got the ball and promptly had dropped passes return. They were horrible today. We couldn't move the ball, but our defense stood firm.

We went 3 and out again due to an easy drop on 3rd down. So frustrating.

Furthermore, our defense fell apart and missed tackling STokes on 3rd and 1 and he ran it in for a 36 yard TD...

21-17 and I was nervous.

But, we put together a long drive in the 4th. We ate up clock and got inside their 30. I went for it on 4th and 1 as I didn't quite trust my kicker from that range. They stuffed us!

But, we played really great defense and forced a 3 and out as they couldn't complete hardly any passes against our defense today.

We ran out the clock and took a knee inside their 20 to secure the 21-17 win

Edit: Now, I need to decide if I'm going to undo the redshirt on my scrambling QB. He could be the difference in some games as a change of pace QB... hmmm.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-25-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote