View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 08:46 AM   #227
Kodos
Resident Alien

GG, Julio. Feels great to finally hoist the trophy! Like Julio, I opted for generic playbooks after we had so many startup issues. Ended up taking OSU's offense and the 3-4 hybrid (which I didn't love). I think using a different playbook on offense might have helped me, because I had to choose plays that Julio wasn't familiar with. Our defense was on point most of the game, as we held their RB Pierre Johnson to 70 yards on 14 carries, and we sacked their QB Chris Frederick 4 times while forcing 3 interceptions.

On offense, the Heisman winner David Novak had a great game, going 12 of 15 for 237 yards and 2 TDs. UTSA clearly was focused on stopping our ground game, so we tried to make them pay when we passed. Aside from one pick-six thrown, Novak played mistake-free ball. He also punished UTSA with well-placed runs, as he ran 8 times for 70 yards and 1 TD. Senior WR Kevin Carter finished off his stellar season with 7 catches for 154 yards and 1 TD. Sophomore RB Danny Clark finally started breaking some tackles in the second half and finished with 105 yards and 2 TDs on 18 carries. He's been a bit of a disappointment this year, but in these last two games, he's helped keep the defenses off balance.

On defense, senior FS Terry Curtis went out on a career-best game, as he intercepted Frederick twice to help us build a lead. Final score was 35-21.

Man it is nice to finally come out on top. Great game, Julio. Glad we were finally able to beat you.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-21-2016 at 08:46 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote