View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 01:01 PM   #2
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not on these forums at all much these days.

Check in once or twice a week. I really enjoy the leagues and likewise struggle to stay engaged when it drags out, even if I am the cause (at least 50% in this case) of the drag out.

For that reason I think everyone I've played against has my cell number. To facilitate match making.

I personally feel like soft deadlines will never work. As much as it may suck, I think you are going to have to be a hard ass to make it flow. I think we need hard and structured deadlines. Games are simmed on Day X. And if you dont get your game in its simmed. Perhaps allow each owner 1 timeout or extension per season. I know summertime vacations and things of this nature happen and the games really crawl then.

Just spit balling out loud here. The season is 16 weeks plus some pre-season stuff.(maybe a couple extra weeks) If you set hard 5 day deadlines and allowed every owner (1) 5 day extension per season with 6 owners that would be say 18 stages, plus 6 extensions * 5 a MAX of right at 17 weeks. That shortens the season a full two months. Its still plausible to have some weeks faster than 5 days.We had back to back 4 day weeks recently.

I know for me when its 3 weeks between game si struggle to remember who I am recruiting or what my strategy is.

I think we need to all have a rule of X timeline, if not in you are skipped. You could extend it that if you are skipped 3 times in a season you are out if you want, though not sure if simming hurts the league if deadlines are set in stone etc.

Thoughts?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote