View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 01:23 PM   #3
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think guys will punch out mentally if they lose simmed games that keep them from contending for a championship.

When I set the deadline, I always make sure at least 1 weekend day is involved. Usually I give a week + a day or two, depending on how things fall and known issues (like Super Bowl weekend or holidays). I could be a hard ass and just sim when the deadline passes, but like I said above, I think that will get people disinterested. I know that most guys are invested in their teams, particularly in the Ladder. I don't want to do things that harm that. But waiting weeks for things to move forward kills interest too.

Occasional business trips out of town are one thing, but can we get guys to commit to finding time once a week for one game if they are home and have access to their console? I often have to get up early on the weekend to get my game(s) in. That's a price I am willing to pay for the sake of live human competition. I'd like to see that same commitment from others. If your schedule regularly has you away from your console for multiple weeks at a time, then maybe that is when we bring autopilot or simming games into play for the sake of keeping things moving.

Last edited by Kodos : 02-15-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote