View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 09:25 AM   #38
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

So first week was a mixed bag. Some good some bad.
I threw 2 bad picks that were totally on the button pusher.

But the story of the game for me was my child of destiny.
Last year during recruiting I desperately wanted to add a kid from TX to establish a pipeline. I searched TX over and over and eventually added a 60 OVR OLB just to have the numbers. But everytime I searched there was this WR. a 5* who had me 4th some 3,000 points back. But I was 3,000 points back, over full at WR and even though he was faaaaast...I just didn't have room. Besides if he was so good why wasn't that ruthless crew of WR horders in SC on him...

Finally as the season wore down he was still there I was still 4th and still 3,000 points back. Threw him on the board and offered just for shits and giggles. The next week we were only 1,190 back. Quite a jump. He quickly let me schedule a visit, but his only date was week 15. No game that week but we'd show him around campus. Heck we were dealing with house money what is there to lose. Just scheduling that visit however rocketed me up to 280 back. He went on to sign on that OV and we were excited to have a TX pipeline and be able to cut that 60 OVR kid.

But WR is stacked. I have no place for him. If I redshirt him he's probably gone. He is literally 9th on my WR depth chart in terms of OVR even though his 94 speed is 5th overall among WR. I formation subbed him into a 5 WR set that normally wants to line a RB up at the 5th WR just to get him a few snaps. I thought nothing more of it.

Late in this weeks game I was basically running out clock when UCLA went sack master on me and quickly had me in a 4th and 23. I refused to punt so I lined up in a 5 wide out set and all go routes. At the snap my (Y) WR streaked open down the middle of the field and I lofted a 74 yard TD. I didn't realize until the TD graphic that young Kenneth Moore, that kid from TX, had just played his first snap and caught his first pass and scored his first TD. What a cool story. So on we move. And UCLA should just end the game with 42 seconds to go. Instead they call timeouts and throw incompletions and despite getting a first down they still find themselves punting to me which I field with 13 seconds left.

Now the gentlemanly thing to do would be to kneel this out, but hoping to win mercy on USC's staff when we play next, and seeing how happy young Kenneth Moore was after hiss first catch I decided to call the same play again.

Guess who came streaking through the crowd again all by his self behind the Defense.

Young TX WR Kenneth Moore who begged me to recruit him finished the game, his first college game, with 2 plays, 2 catches, 140 yards and 2 TDs. Maybe we should play him Moore.

Last edited by CU Tiger : 05-27-2017 at 09:29 AM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote