View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 08:59 PM   #59
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I figure SR QB James Johnson has to wonder "what if... I didn't blow my chance to start and I got to run this offense all year? Would I be able to duplicate the numbers of Jimmy Thomas?"

Tonight, Johnson got his chance as Thomas left the game early in the 2nd with an injury that would sideline him the rest of the night (and probably hurt his Heisman chances.)

Johnson acquitted himself very well though as he led the team to over 800 yards of offense in a 98-7 drubbing of Arizona. This game featured much more balanced offense than what I usually have including over 300 yards of rushing (339 to be precise.) Johnson did add 321 yards of passing and 6 TD's in just under 3 quarters of work (Thomas had 148 yards and a TD in his 1 quarter of work.)

Except for 2 drives, the defense was stellar. One drive by Arizona featured a ridiculous 52 yard bomb that was complete despite me having 2 defenders in perfect position to pick it off. Their other long drive featured a missed dive tackle by me that led to a huge gain on YAC. Other than those 2 drives, we held them to under 50 yards of offense.

Nolan continues his incredible numbers with a 12 tackle, 10 for a loss, 7 sack performance and he almost picked off a screen too.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote