View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 06:35 PM   #63
antdroid
n00b

Have you ever thought about creating the UI like you would a website? Take ESPN or another major sports site as an example. It's laid out fairly intuitively for someone read the latest headlines/news, to search for players or teams, look at standings, transactions, compare players and teams, look at stats, see the schedule, etc. Throw in another link for front office duties, and I think that would be a nice fresh interface that is common to the general public and can get people a familiar look.

Again, the websites and how OOTP/FM present information is similar. They have a list of major menu items on the side or at the top, and by clicking on them, it changes content below or at some designated "box" within the interface. That box can have more sub-boxes within it that have content (i.e. comparing player A with player b, etc.) but it is all done within one windowed screen and does not pop up windows left and right.

I also agree you shouldn't make this game full-screen, but it can be an option? I prefer playing in a window (and hoping for native mac/tablet compatibility too!).

IMHO, looking at it from a complex workspace idea is over thinking ease of use. This is at the core a video game first. We are all stat geeks and it you dont have to lose the spreadsheets and numbers at all, but just present it in a more fashionable way.
antdroid is offline   Reply With Quote