View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 02:37 AM   #16
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1943-44 OFFSEASON
- Changed the rule to allow sophomores to declare for the NBA draft.
- Elevated new D1 programs:
[Fort Hays State, Oklahoma City University, Cal State LA] all added to the Independents

I forgot when I added the UAA [a D3 league of high endowment schools] that they're not eligible for a NCAA autobid. I'm going to change this for the upcoming season. It'll likely remain a one-bid league anyway, they've only made the tournament two separate times in the past 5 years of existence, and one of those was a play-in game. Still, it makes sense to let them in.

It's also home to RIT, Johns Hopkins, Cal Tech and MIT along with its IRL 8 members.

I think I'm going to disband the mega-conferences -- Big 16 & PCC -- in favor of their former iterations. It was a fun little moment, but the game doesn't handle them super well and so lots of otherwise top programs end up getting sandbagged. Right now, the PCC, Big 16 and Mountain West are all Level 4 leagues meaning that there's no Level 5 league west of the Mississippi. I could obviously promote one of them myself, but it just means the middle class programs in these leagues are dragging down the top ones.

I think we'll make a 12-team version of the Pac-12, revive a version of the Big Eight and come up with some kind of WCC that's basically a Big East for the West Coast. It'll cost an at-large bid, but we're really just restoring what existed before that conference was shuttered.

While I was on a roll, I also added another new conference - the Atlantic North Conference - which will be comprised of northeast schools including a few more large endowment programs in D3.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-10-2020 at 02:56 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote