View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #441
Radii
Head Coach

September 10th, 2016

Woking(3-2-1, 5th) @ Dag & Red(1-3-2, 19th)

Dag & Red are off to a slow start and we seem to be getting a bit lucky getting some of the lower teams here early on. They are 6:4 favorites, we're 13:8, basically an even matchup on the road. We played these guys one year in League 2 and once in the johnstone's paint trophy. We're 0-1-2 against them, twice losing 3:2 thrillers.

GK: Berry
D: Nikolaou/Taylor/Chester/Ogogo
MC: Upson/Paulo
AM: Harsanyi/N'Guessan
FC: Subotic/Constantino

Harsanyi AML, Subotic starts at forward today. I give Vince Taylor + James Chester a try at DC, and of course, Lynch is healthy again and starts immediately. We'll set out defending today.

5': Dag & Red with a nice buildup, there's a through ball to the right side but we recover nicely and close down, there's a backpass and a shot that's blocked.

16': We have only seen a couple of these highlights but Dag & Red has 6 shots to our none so far.

31': Upson is hurt and then Paulo is hurt, neither in highlights, neither are bad but both our MC's are a bit slowed at least for now.

44': Another shot blocked, Taylor seems to be playing a great game today, we're defending non stop and Taylor isn't letting any through ball lead to a good look and is all over the place.

47': They clear out a ball after Constantino tries ot make something happen. Taylor wins a header in midfield to send it right back forward. Its played right to constantino 25 yards out, he turns by one man and charges into the area, another defender closes down but there's a shot before a stop can be made and its by the helpless keeper!!! 1-0

HALF: So Dag & Red shoots 10 times, but only puts 1 on target. 5 are from long range, but it feels like they have constant pressure on us. We only manage one single shot, in extra time, and we are in the lead 1-0 at the half. We actually have a 56/44 possession edge despite the rest of the stats. I feel like we need to keep defending but I'm not sure we can withstand 10 more shots in the second half. We'll look to come out of our shell if they continue this kind of barrage, even if its all from long range.

51': Upson makes a nice tackle in our defensive half to generate a bit of an attack, but they tackle Harsanyi as he receives a ball forward, it goes behind for a corner and we can't do anything there.

55': An example of just letting in too many attacks, they finally generate a shot after a through ball, its contested and Lynch makes a solid stop, there's a rebound but Taylor is there and clears it safely. But they're already up to 13 shots and just keep piling on the pressure.

63': I bring in midfielder Simon Ferry for Subotic. I switch to a formation with a DMC and only Constantino at striker.

74': We've only allowed one long shot since making our last sub. Highlights are still them on offense but our defense is just playing great today, and with Ferry back there too they just can't seem to generate a shot.

84': O'Sullivan in for a tired Paulo.

91': We get a couple attacks but they clear after a corner and get a counter attack. its just 2 on 4 but they get an extra man down the side... there's a pass out wide, a cross, and they finally win a header, I swear it looks like its going in slow motion and is going to go in, but it hits the crossbar and bounces back into the area where Chester makes a clutch clearance.

We hold on for the win!!

Dag & Red 0 : 1 Woking

We aren't quite built to win these kinds of matches, we're built to attack hard to keep our defense easy, today we did the opposite and I debated many times switching to a more attacking mindset but never pulled the trigger and we managed to hold on.

Dag & Red shot an incredible 17 times, but they only put 2 shots on target. 9 were from long range and they just couldn't find the range today. We only shot twice, once in the first half for the goal, once in the second half. Vince Taylor is a god today. He makes 9 interceptions, wins 18 headers, 5 of them deemed key.

Man of the Match: Vince Taylor (8.5)
Goal: Constantino (7.3)
Assist: Vince Taylor
Notables: Ogogo (7.1), Nikolaou (7.1)

James Chester spent much of the game with a 5.9 rating or so. He made some key plays late and ends up with a 6.8, but he only won 1 out of 7 headers he contested, that seems really bad!

7 matches in we sit in 3rd place, we've scored 13 goals, 7 of them from Constantino. He's not the best player in the league, but he is the leading scorer so far!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote