View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 06:54 PM   #871
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #551 - RPI votes for King, "reasons are obvious". (Note - weird post if villager, still weird if cunning wolf. People usually want to provide some reasons for the vote in order to help build coalitions).
Post #553 - Blade votes for RPI, based on earlier suspect list and that he is around to defend himself (Note: 13 minutes between post #551 and 553).
Post #554 - RA votes for RPI, says he thinks Blade is a villager and has suspected RPI most of the game.
Post #555 - I post vote totals, comment on Dubb as possible werewolf as bad scenario for me since I have not established good read on him in past WW games. Post my suspect list: King, RPI, and McSweeny. (Note: suspect lists are sounding pretty similar for people who have listed them up to this point).
Post #556 - I post my circle of trust: Cronin, Blade, MrWednesday (Note: I wonder if Blade appearing on multiple circles of trust is why he was targeted last night? It is also fair to note that he is the only person who listed me as a suspect. I discount this because I know my status but everyone else must interpret this information on their own).
Post #557 - I post that I want to look at Day 1 voting to help with today's decision. Next couple of posts by me are on this topic.
Post #562 - Barkeep posts his trust list: Cronin, RPI (too crazy to be wolf), Blade (helpful). (Note: this is strongest show of support for RPI to date, as he is suspicious to most of others).
Post #563 - AE also trusts RPI.
Post #563 - Raiders posts on meta-game strategy of "loose cannon" as wolf.
Post #566 - Cronin votes for RPI. (Note: given Cronin's role as witness there is significantly less risk at taking his votes at face value). Cites that SnDvls (wolf) defended RPI, thinks this only makes sense if he is a wolf.
Post #567 - I discuss RPI, who is starting to collect votes. I then pull info on how early votes were cast on Pass from Day 1.
Post #569 - I pull up every SnDvls post from Day 1, with analysis. (Note - I didn't see much there).
Post #572 - Dubb asks if two wolves - RPI and King - would throw votes at each other. Thinks that no explanation from RPI in #551 was to avoid implicating himself.
Post #573 - King disputes Dubbs point in #572.
Post #575 - King says that wolves definitely wanted Pass dead on Day 1, would push to make this happen. RPI pushed hardest.
Post #577 - Blade calls up Post #351 from RPI. RPI had looked at rules for way that the wolf SnDvls could have been innocent on Day 2. Plus trying to kill herbalist on Day 1.
Post #579 - Blade with disclosure that he did vote for Pass on Day 1, even though final vote did not show this (bad format, not counted by Neon)
Post #584 - Dubb again comments that Witness did not make sense to him; this is not why he thinks RPI is a wolf. More based on "obvious reasons" quote and interplay between him and King. Doesn't want King to succeed in laying low, leaving vote on him to make sure that conversation continues today and into next day if King survives today.
Post #587 - King sick of being called a wolf by Dubb, starting to think that Dubb is a wolf rather than mistaken villager.
Post #589 - King's list of suspects: 1. RPI 2. Dubb
Post #590 - King says that Dubb will make sure that he (King) is alive tomorrow if he is a wolf, since wolf would not kill the person they are trying to build coalition to lynch. (Note: I find that to be a very interesting argument and something I had not really thought of in the context of this game).
Post #593 - Sack drops out.
Post #597 - Dubb keeps up pressure on King, although no new points are raised.
Post #598 - King says that Barkeep and Hoops also are concerned that Dubb is a wolf
Post #599 - Dubb thinks RPI lynching today is done deal, thinks that both RPI and King are wolves. "If we push King and it turns out he's clean, I'm OK with that"
Post #600 - King bolds the above statement, says that this is "funny line"

Overall impressions so far - the list of suspects seems to be very consistent across the players: RPI, King, Dub, McSweeny.

I was initially concerned that King and Dub were two villagers getting into a pissing match. But I'm less convinced of this at this point. A big part of my vote for Dub yesterday was because two different people - Barkeep and King - both were pushing him on different fronts. The RPI arguments appeared to all be based upon the same set of actions (leading the lynch of herbalist, trying to support SnDvls for awhile, suspicion that SnDvls had tried to protect RPI).

Anyways, more posts to come. Going through these again has been a good exercise to re-assess my assumptions from yesterday.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote