View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 11:16 PM   #879
hoopsguy
General Manager

Recaps from posts #651 - 700:

Post #651 - Dubb doesn't trust McSweeny bandwagon if it includes RPI.
Post #653 - McSweeny unvotes himself, votes RPI.
Post #654 - Dubb says that voting for yourself is a bad guy move (Note: it has been the times I have seen it played, although I'm working with a small sample set).
Post #655 - McSweeny asks seer to look at him.
Post #658 - Blade speculates that McSweeny is cunning wolf messing with us or else a villager who doesn't care.
Post #664 - RPI has been away most of the day. He thinks that the seer has posted and is now changing his vote from King to Dubb. He also states he was playing as aggressive villager in order to get viewed and verified as good guy. More to come in 50 minutes ...
Post #667 - Blade surprised at RPI direction, still thinks our wolf is RPI or McSweeny.
Post #672 - McSweeny is out for night, sticking with RPI vote (Note: roughly 2:10 before the deadline).
Post #673 - Dubb suspects that RPI thinks Barkeep is seer. Says he does not think this is case, since Barkeep would have scanned (Note: based on Day 1 vote) and cleared by now.
Post #674 - RPI willing to move his vote to McSweeny to stay alive, looking for the count.
Post #675 - MrW says he can't save RPI alone, not sure how to help.
Posts #677, 678 - MrW and Blade both express willingness to move votes from RPI if there is a reason to do so.
Post #678 - In addition to above, Blade does not think Barkeep is seer, does not think King is a wolf. Likes how Dubb has handled himself over last hour. Is confused.
Post #679 - Cronin thinks it is less than 50/50 that RPI is wolf, but if he is then McSweeny likely is as well.
Post #680 - Ardent votes for Dubb. Still doesn't think RPI is wolf, is wavering between King and Dubb. Asks Dubb to talk him off the vote.
Post #682 - Dubb feels like he is victim of a bandwagon, no good reasons for it forming.
Post #684 - MrW speculates that lack of movement in votes indicates that wolves "are not feeling threatened, which seems a little odd with four people on the block". Now wary of King and Raiders because of this.
Post #685 - Blade sees RPI and Ardent moving in concert. Unlike Cronin, Blade thinks EITHER McSweeny or RPI is a wolf. And if RPI is wolf then so is Ardent.
Post #686 - If RPI = cunning wolf then that explains Ardent following him "B/C when RPI does he shows as a normal villager, and Ardent is all but cleared."
Post #687 - 688 - MrW seems pretty certain that RPI is not a wolf. Says he can make a case for King as wolf, but it would call RPI into question at same time.
Post #689 - Blade thinks that Ardent was converted on night 1.
Post #690 - MrW "RPI, you mean? Interesting thought you had there." (Note - think this was direct reference to Blade post before it).
Post #691 - Blade thinks RPI and SnDvls were original wolves, Ardent was converted.
Post #692 - AE says he trusts Blade "ironically", Barkeep, and Hoops. Vote for Dubb based primarily on Barkeep, not RPI.
Post #693 - MrW says he would be after RA before AE (Note: for conversion by wolves, as spelled out in next post).
Post #695 - AE pulls out Hattrick as proof of vilalger (Note: this has not been a bluff in two previous games I have played with him).
Post #696 - Barkeep "I want to be clear. I am not claiming to be the seer."
Post 697/698 - Blade and AE wavering on votes
Post #699 - Barkeep confident RPI is human, less so with Dubb and McSweeny (Note: both Barkeep and MrW seem pretty sure on RPI as human).

Impressions - I had hoped to find something in Blade's posting that would help me understand why the wolves went after him. I initially figured that he must have generated some heat that they didn't like, but after re-reading he moved around quite a bit on this day.

Started (Post #537) with: RPI, McSweeny, Me, King, Dubb.
Post #691: RPI still on list, but Ardent is now the converted.

And there were other names mentioned in between, mainly in terms of figuring out who would have been converted.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote