View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 09:38 AM   #2021
hoopsguy
General Manager

Coming from the Sith side, I read the rules set and thought we had a tough time of it. Tanglewood could not be killed at night? Man, just one game I would love to get this role ...

Add to that the idea that we could only use the vote-move power on 1/2 the villager, with it failing on the other 1/2 and giving a 50% chance of being revealed, and we got lucky on our targets for that as well. AE saying he was a normal Jedi got me to target him, but SnDvls was a stab in the dark for the 2nd attempt.

Finally, if we ever lost a Sith we would have also lost a night kill in converting one of the sympathizers into the new Sith. Or else run the risk of being finished off the next day by a growing circle of trust.

With us not getting the seer until Night 6, I think this game was very, very winnable for the Jedi. I was floored when I read that because I had reached the conclusiong that either Lathum or Schmidty had been the seer by the time I was alive on Day 5.

In terms of the apology, I agree that could have been an influencing event. That was a tough spot for all parties involved, as I had to come out with a role reveal after having already taken care of that night with the SnDvls vote move. But obviously it is a much different game if that event never takes place.

It was frustrating that I could never move your suspicion levels off of me. I tried so many different approaches over those last three days and you weren't moving.

In terms of Sack, it all worked out in the end but I thought he was putting himself at more risk than he should have in defending me. I was going to be a flash-point for conversation as each day went by, and he could get himself a new apprentice if/when I was lynched. If I had been in his position I would have gone to great lengths to avoid appearing sympathetic to me even if he did want to keep me around just one more day ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote