View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 06:41 AM   #1176
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
It IS a pretty campus, for sure.

Question: how do they handle the campus work requirements (I assume that's still a thing there, was a cornerstone afaik) for athletes? Any dispensation / relief for them?

Otherwise, I'd think that's just an extra time commitment that has to factor in somewhere.

So the work plan at Berry is no longer a requirement, however, 98% of the students still do it. The set up for the work is extremely well defined with multiple levels of responsibility depending on the role you select. These roles start out at a very basic level, maintenance, grounds-keeping, etc., but they evolve to allow students to potentially gain experience in the field they are studying; like research assistant, accounts payable/receivable, trainer/physical therapist assistant, etc. Kids are also paid for their work. On average they work between 5 and 8 hours a week, and typically earn around $2000 a semester (which can be applied directly to your tuition or pocketed for spending money).

Bear and Bailey are both working this semester and are aware that they will probably need to work regardless of where they go to help offset some of the costs, so I don't expect this will end up being a factor in the decision, but it is a good question, and we will make sure they keep it mind before they ultimately decide where they want to go.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote