View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 08:50 AM   #1183
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Bailey College Update - Berry College

Bailey's college visit to Berry was rather odd. To begin, she was the only recruit on campus, and while that might be in some ways flattering given the coach's desire to get the recruit to the school as quickly as possible regardless of the situation, it also creates a strange dynamic where the recruit feels a bit isolated given there is no one else to interact with other than the team (who has their typical routines to go through). Making matters worse, her host completely ditched her, pawning her off on another teammate. We believe that the host was chosen because she was a Gold swimmer (albeit, not a good one), and the coach probably felt they might have something in common, but it was a bad decision. Bailey did like the girl she was pawned off on.

Bailey also like the campus, and the nutrition class she attended (which contained one of her lab partners from her Anatomy class at South). She had fun at an on campus party, which they apparently do every Friday before a Saturday football game. She also saw how well she would fit in from a swimming perspective. In fact, she commented on the team's best flyer, a girl that is close to 6' tall. Bailey laughed and said it would be funny if she decided to go to Berry, because when the fly came up, the two Berry swimmers would be complete opposites - a big 6' girl and a petite barely 5' 3" swimmer racing at almost the exact same speeds.

I think she liked the school, and I think she was comfortable enough there that if she wants to swim in college, I believe Berry will get some consideration...

No comment yet from Bailey on how it compares to Roanoke...

Last edited by Breeze : 10-29-2019 at 08:52 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote