View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 04:43 AM   #275
Radii
Head Coach

Incoming Freshmen

Well, the CPU suggests starting the PF I went after, Watson. Also, don't forget that I have my transfer in from Utah that is ready to go for me now. A very quick overview of the new players I have at my disposal:

PF Eni Danelius - 73 OVR - JR - This is my transfer guy. Post play and rebounding doesn't excite me, but a great close range shot for this level.

PF Curtis Watson - 73 OVR - FR - Watson is what I was hoping when I scouted him. He immediately comes in as the best rebounder on the team. He also plays above average post defense for this level. He might be an ok scorer too. He's 6'9" which I don't know if that is big enough to start at center, so he may come off the bench regardless.

SF Kaylen Lufkin - 73 OVR - Lufkin comes in rated well too. Hustle is his higest rating at 90, hard to complain about that. He has average shooting abilities and can likely be trained up into a decent midrange shooter and backup for House.

SG Chuck Lamkin - 66 OVR - Big dropoff for my guards, but they'll give me the depth I need. Lamkin can develop into a decent 3 point threat but I wouldn't expect a whole lot more than that just based on the numbers.

SG Shawn Garcia - 65 OVR - Pretty similar to Lamkin really, he can develop a decent outside shot and he is a little better defender than Lamkin, but he isn't much to look at.

PG Dee Flowers - 64 OVR - I can't be too suprised about this. Average defense, average shot, average ball handler. He'll be fine as a 2 year backup(he's a JC transfer and a Junior).

I really cannot complain about that class at all. I was hoping for a better guard somewhere but we're going to be in good shape this year I believe. We've got the depth again to go with a 10 man rotation and have 4 returning starters. The loss of Turner is going to hurt but at the same time Massey is a quality PG coming in behind him. Recruiting a PG becomes very important now.

Oh, one other piece of info here. Every single one of these guys has a potential of C or C-. That's a bit disappointing as well.

Full roster review and lineups to come later. A quick look at the MAC shows that Kent State has the strongest roster strength and we are #2. Lots of teams are not far behind. If we can consistently make up for the loss of Wayne Turner, we should be able to contend for the MAC title this year.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote