View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #302
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Our first major injury took place at the show last night, as Ken Mantel suffered a torn rotator cuff. He's going to be out for an entire year. Sure, it could have been a guy higher up on the roster, but Mantel was valuable for his written $1,000/show written contract (which he has about 2 months left on). If the game lets me use him as a manager or road agent, I will, but if he's off the show entirely, I'll just release him.

-Backlund and Adonis complained of exhaustion after the last show. With Backlund, it's nothing new. As far as Adonis, he did wrestle a 20+ minute match with us, but he also wrestled 3 times last week, in 3 different countries, once with us, once with New Japan, and once with Maple Leaf Wrestling.

-Bruiser Brody and Tiger Mask both were late to the last show. It's a first offense for both, so both get a warning.

-Kerry and David (along with Ted Dibiase, Randy Savage, Tully Blanchard)
have all rejected the WWF once again.

-Our TV show gets a 0.52 rating. That's down .01 from last week. Our tv contract is only for 3 months, so the decision will be whether to cancel the contract then and try to get a better time slot.

-I try to bring Gordon Solie in again, and once again Fritz caps out the offer at a few hundred less than Gordon is willing to come in for. That's good news for Bill Mercer.

-Greg Valentine wins the NWA United States Championship for a 3rd time, defeating Ricky Steamboat, who held the belt for almost 4 months and 21 title defenses.

-Buddy Roberts, who's contract is up in a couple of weeks, has resigned from $1400/show, a significant raise from his current $800/show. He's still something of a bargain, but we really need find some lower cost talent to fill out shows.

Last edited by molson : 07-01-2007 at 10:38 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote