Thread: Fallout 76
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 09:41 PM   #109
Edward64
Head Coach

Welp, finished all the main quests except for the last one where I nuke someplace. I tried it earlier and got my butt handed to me (I know better now what to expect).

Got pretty much a collection of all the armor except for the X-01. Raider, T51b, T60, Excavator, Ultracite but for some strange reason, can't find plans for the X-01 (although lots of mods)

Got some nice weapons but never found an explosive weapon. Not sure what I did wrong or missed

Scorchbeasts don't intimidate me now. I can take them out along with all of the other WV legendary monsters (including the Moth Man!). Haven't fought the ScorchQueen yet ... I was hoping for an explosive weapon first before joining a team at the nuke site

So in retrospect ...

1) Like FO 4 except missing the NPC's
2) Lack of NPC's does lose something - the depth, variety (?) of the story line(s)
3) FO 4 NPC's seem to make the world bigger even though FO 76 is much larger
4) Certainly got my $35 out of it. I will buy the DLC's as they expand

Other

5) I've read on boards many negative experiences with bad PvP actors. TBH, I've not experienced any. Maybe its the PC world vs XBox/PS?
6) I've experienced some bugs but nothing major other than being disconnected from server more often than I would have liked

Some dings (excluding NPCs)

1) There needs to be more variety in the re-spawning of baddies and things to pick up. Way too predictable
2) More options to interact with other players (e.g. text chat)
3) Ability to display your stuff (e.g. weapons, armor) in your CAMP. You can build shelves, stations but can't do much with them

Only $40 now.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote