Thread: Fallout 76
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 07:07 PM   #145
Edward64
Head Coach

I've not touched FO76 for about 2+ months now. But I still do visit the Atom Shop to see what's out there.

Slower than many people would have wanted, but Bethesda is definitely headed in the right direction.

Fallout 76 is planning Fallout 4-style off map expansions | Rock Paper Shotgun
Quote:
Given Schneider’s mention of new places to explore, I ask about planned map changes. Fallout 76 already made significant changes to its overworld in the Wastelanders update by adding two huge cities for the Settler and Raider factions. Steel Dawn has added another dedicated to the Brotherhood Of Steel. Will Fallout 76’s map continue to change over time?

“To be honest with you, we’ve saturated it pretty well now with Wastelanders and Brotherhood Of Steel,” Gardiner says. “We are looking at Expeditions to be a way to maybe do something off map. […] We have a big list of locations. We’re settling in on one right now. So we are looking at those to be the ways for people to experience different areas of the Fallout universe.”
:
:
Off map, he says. So is this potentially entirely new, open world areas? Yes, Gardiner says, that’s what they’re hoping. He likens it to other Fallout expansions like Far Harbor in which you interact with a vehicle and head to an entirely separate map. “We know that those are some of our most successful expansions for our previous games and we want to be able to bring that experience to Fallout 76 for certain,” he says.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote