View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #352
Radii
Head Coach

-- Harsanyi's four goals last match is a new Woking record, Giuseppe Sole had the previous record with 3.

-- Nikolaou, Vince Taylor, Christian Smith, Harsanyi, and Ogogo are all named to the League 2 team of the week.

September 19th, 2015

Woking(5-1-1, 1st) @ Accrington(2-1-4, 20th)

we're big favorites on the road today, we're even money to win on the road, they're just 11:5 to win at home. We're 4-1-3 against Accrington lifetime. Last year the home team won both games. Throughout this series the home team is 6-1-2.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Smith/V Taylor/Ogogo
MC: Upson/Middleton
AM: Colin/N'Guessan
FC: Subotic/Constantino

Another game on a week's rest. Subotic starts for the injured Harsanyi. Lets attack on the road.

3': We control the ball in the offensive end from the start, Constantino receives a pass and beats his man for a shot but its saved.

7': Another attack, we take it across the penalty area, kick it wide to Ogogo, there's a cross into a very, very crowded penalty area, Subotic with the header, the keeper can't get to it! Its in!! 1-0

15': Constantino makes a nice run down the right side and gets a cross into the area, We get a header from O'Sullivan but its over.

25': Subotic picks up an injury. He can stay in for now, but he's hobbled a bit, i might have to bring him out at the half.

29': There's a pass into the area to Constantino, a nice ball foward from N'Guessan. Constantino tries to go by his man and he's tackled. Its a penalty!!! Subotic takes the penalty and buries it. 2-0

31': there's a long through ball after the kickoff that gets one of their fowards open very near the penalty area. He's so open i can't believe he was onsides. Lynch rushes out and cuts down the angle a bit and the shot is blocked! Good defense by Lynch, poor finishing for them.

39': Another through ball for Accrington, a second shot is blocked by Lynch. Christian Smith seems to be getting burned a lot here, I'm getting worried.

42': We've got a throwin near midfield, its thrown to middleton, he passes it ahead to Constantino. Constantino burns his man and has open space into the penalty area. He sprints foward into the area, the defense is just not fast enough to recover, Constantino has a point blank shot and easily puts it by the helpless keeper. 3-0

HALF: We got lucky to not give up a goal or two in a couple spots, but we take a 3-0 lead into the locker room. Each team shoots 6 times, we've got 4 on target, they have 3 on target. Each team has one clear cut chance, we of course have the penalty. Subotic is hurt and I'm just going to pull him to be safe, Paterson is in. I also bring in Aswad Thomas at DL for Nikolaou.

56': Christian Smith is just getting burned today... they clear a ball out of the defense and Smith is up too far, he loses a header against the foward he's going up against, and their attacker has a free run on goal. Lynch has stopped everything so far, but this is just too much... they get one back. 3-1 After the goal we drop back to a standard mindset.

60': I tell our back line to drop deeper. Lets try to stop these paochers.

72': Alcock in for Ogogo.

75': N'Guessan makes a nice move and gets a cross in to Colin, Colin heads it just wide.

80': And it happens again. Christian Smith misses a tackle and it allows a great through ball leading to another easy effort for Accrington. We've given up a second goal and this is getting a bit scary. 3-2

80': We drop from standard to a defensive mindset.

86': We allow a corner kick. They curl it into the 6 ayrd area near post. They get to it and head it across towards the far post where another man connects on it and heads it into the net. EPIC COLLAPSE. 3-3

91': We give up another corner. This is terrifying. Colin clears the corner. They push it back into the area and there's a quick shot... Lynch has to dive to save it, that was very close.

93': We earn a corner, they clear it out initially but O'Sullivan brings it back in, he gets it to Paterson, Paterson shoots but its deflected wide right. N'Guessan runs onto it and crosses it into the 6 yard box. Paterson heads it, deflects off the keeper, its in!!!!! ... but a foul is called on Paterson going up to head it in. WHAT!?!?!!?

Accrington 3 : 3 Woking

Goals: Subotic 2 (8.5 rating), Constantino (7.6)
Assists: Constantino, Middleton(6.8), Ogogo(7.6)
Notables: Lynch(7.0), Nikolaou(7.0), Taylor(7.0).

Paterson 5.5, Thomas 5.6, Christian Smith 5.4. I blame Christian Smith for giving away this lead. This was a horrible performance.

-- Subotic is out for 12-14 days with a hurt elbow he picked up in the first half today.

Frustrating draw.

Last edited by Radii : 06-27-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote