View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 03:21 AM   #369
Radii
Head Coach

-- Nikolaou is named in the league 2 team of the week.

-- Our defenders are starting to get healthy again, maybe in a couple matches we'll be back to full strength there.

December 16th, 2015

Macclesfield (3-6-12, 22nd) @ Woking (13-5-3, 3rd)

This is our second makeup game. We'll be back even in terms of games played after this. If we tie, we're tied for 2nd, if we win, we're tied for first, if we lose, we stay 3rd. We're ahead in goal differential in either scenario with 1st/2nd. We're mammoth favorites today, 4:7 to win compared to their 4:1. We've not ever lost to these guys, 2-2-0 lifetime.

GK: Lynch
D: Williams/V Taylor/Smith/Nikolaou
MC: Upson/Middleton
AM: Kelly/N'Guessan
FC: Subotic/Harsanyi

Macclesfield have 6 players hurt today. I'm starting Vince Taylor, we'll see how much he can play though. Constantino gets the day off and we go old school with Subotic/Harsanyi instead of our loaners or new guys. Kelly in for Colin at AML. Clearly we attack here.

1': We get foward quickly, Subotic passes to Harsanyi, he's about 40 yards out though. He pushes the ball foward, sprints between the two central defenders and he's got nothing but space in front of him. He gets into the area, shoots, goal!!! 24 seconds in. 1-0

17': We are on the attack again with really good looking spacing, Middleton to Upson, he plays a long ball into the area, N'Guessan runs onto it from the right side, controls it well, and beats the keeper! We've shot 6 times now. 2-0

21': We cross into the area... Middleton goes up for a header, he's fouled!! That's a penalty. Subotic takes the PK... and hits the left upright. wow.

23': Yellow for defender Ross Draper. Smith shoots on a free kick from about 30 yards out, its blocked and goes behind for a corner. Corner is cleared out.

26': Yellow for midfielder Bell tackling Kelly.

29': We earn numerous throwins and a couple corners as we keep pushing and Macclesfield cannot clear it out... after one throwin there's a cross from N'Guessan to Harsanyi, Harsanyi heads it, pretty softly... it is over the keeper... but hits the crossbar. Doh!

37': More highlights with us on offense... we have 10 shots, they have none. A 3rd goal would be cool though.

38': Macclesfield shoots for the first time, wide.

HALF: I'd like a safer lead but really we should be fine here. Ferry in for Middleton and N'Diaye in for N'Guessan. They need the rest.

53': Oh god. Vince Taylor is hurt. He could keep going but I'm subbing him asap.

55': Thomas in for Vince Taylor.

59': Ferry picks up a yellow for a really dumb foul in the midfield.

61': Oh god... Ferry has it in the penalty area... and he goes down, the ref considers it a dive, and tht's a red card. I've used all my subs and am down a man now. Awesome. We change to a 4-4-1 formation, Subotic up top, Harsanyi AML, Kelly MC which he can't really play. We switch to defend.

65': We get foward but turn the ball over, they try a counter attack with a long ball, their top scorer Lewis Guy is there, he shoots wildly though as soon as he receives the ball 25 yards out.

72': through ball from 35 yards out for Macclesfield, Christian Smith is right there but he misses an easy itnerception, their foward Guy runs onto it and puts it past Lynch. 2-1

81': Guy shoots from 30 yards out, Lynch has to just punch it away and its behind for a corner. We clear the corner out.

83': Yellow for midfielder Fitzpatrick for a tackle on N'diaye in midfield.

88': Their man Guy gets into the area, we're draped all over him but he gets his shot off... it hits the crossbar and bounces high up in play... we head it out. WHEW.

We hang on after using up all our subs and losing a guy to a red card, whew again.

Woking 2 : 1 Macclesfield

Man of the Match: Harsanyi (8.3)
Goals: Harsanyi, N'Guessan (7.2)
Assists: Upson (7.0), Subotic (6.0)
Notables: Lynch (7.0), Williams (7.0)

The missed penalty hurt Subotic quite a bit. He was awful in the air as well.

-- Today was another fan day for Woking. We had 5584 fans in attendance and are well on our way to shattering attendance records.

-- I give Simon Ferry a warning for his red card, mainly for taking a dive in the box for the second one, so so stupid especially after a yellow.

-- Vince Taylor is fine, i was worried that he'd aggrivated his injury.

-- With the win we're back even in total matches with everyone else in league 2, and we are tied for first.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote