View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #372
Radii
Head Coach

Expiring Contracts

We get notices about expiring contracts. We've got about 20 of them including staff members. This will be interesting since we have reasonble expectations that we're going to promote, so marginal guys may be even more marginal for us.

-- Makhtar N'Diaye won't be re-signed. He's turning 34 soon and is declining. He's been a solid affordable backup that can play many positions but he was 32 when we signed him, we knew he was just a stopgap.

-- Aswad Thomas is just the type of guy that is already marginal and we really couldn't hang on to at the next level. No offer now.

-- Mike Williams is better than Thomas and is really my 6th best defender (Nikolaou/Ogogo/Taylor/Smith/Alcock clear top 5 imo). He's also 29 and I'm not sure about his usage at the next level either

-- Ed Upson makes $3300/wk and totally deserves it. I offer to extend him at the same rate.

-- Zoltan Harsanyi makes $2000/wk, he wants $2500. I'd pay it if I had to but I offer $2300/wk to see.

-- Craig Alcock wants a raise up to $1100/wk from $975/wk, he wanted a huge appearance bonus, I lower the appearance bonus and offer him $1200/wk. I thikn I want him around for sure. He's the type of guy taht I will probably phase out in league 1 but that is worth taking there at first.

-- Harry Arter is gone after this year, I kept him last time his contract ran out b/c he can DMC, but that's it.

-- Abu Ogogo will take the same $2800/wk he's making now, he wants a crazy $700 appearance fee, I try to lower that some.

-- Danijel Subotic is one of those guys I'm not sure about, he makes $2100/wk now and seems to be the odd man out a lot. I don't offer anything for now.

-- Kevin Lynch wants a raise from $1k/wk to $1300/wk. We'll see if he can play at league 1 or not, but for now, I want him on the team.

-- Stelios Nikolaou is another guy who is a clear extension. He'll get a small raise as well.

-- Lewis Martin we'll probably release, backup GK.

So I'm trying to sign anyone who starts for me now basically, and if we make it up to League 1 next year we'll just have even stronger loaners and will figure out which starters need to be replaced.

-- Danijel Subotic has been working on his shot and should shoot more powerfully now. Hooray.

December 26th, 2015

Woking (15-5-3, 1st) @ Wrexham(10-4-9, 10th)

We're 5:4 favorites on the road, they're 7:4. We beat Wrexham 2:0 in our opening match this year and are 5-1-3 lifetime against them.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Ogogo
MC: Upson/Middleton
AM: Colin/N'Diaye
FC: Harsanyi/Constantino

Wrexham have two guys with over 10 goals, Wayne Ellis with 12 and Marc Williams with 10. Our coaches recommend we tackle Williams hard, we'll do that. Vince Taylor is serving his oen game suspension today, but Ogogo and Alcock are both ready to go. N'Guessan is out for 2-3 weeks with his injury so a lot of pressure is on N'Diaye at AMR. Standard mindset on the road today.

3': There are two early highlights for us, the seond one Upson feeds N'Diaye on the right side, he plays a great through ball to the penalty spot for Harsanyi, he gets there behind the defense, cuts to the right to get an angle on the keeper and fires it in! 1-0

12': We win a ball in the midfield, Constantino passes it back a bit to Upson, who lofts it foward and Constantino runs onto it, he's got tons of space, gets into the area... and can't beat the keeper... doh.

16': Free kick for Wrexham, they shoot, Lynch dives but it hits the left post and is back into play. They recover and shoot, Lynch dives the other way and makes a great save... but again it squirts back into play, and this time a Wrexham man is there first to poke it into the net, Lynch did his best there. 1-1

24': We're on the attack N'Diaye plays a ball to Constantino who is 25 yards out, the defense collapses on him a bit and he finds a perfect opening for Harsanyi, he runs into the area and beats the keeper!! 2-1

27': Sheesh... there's a long cross for Wrexham in their offensive end, they get it deep on the left side, there's a pass back to a man coming in from the midfield, he receives it about 25 yard sout, takes a couple steps and launches a shot, Lynch just can't get to it and its i nthe back of the net. 2-2

40': Their man Marc Williams receives a pass about 30 yards out, we've got two men covering him but he finds an opening and blasts a very powerful long shot, it hits the right post, scary moment there, Lynch would not have been there were it on target.

44': Constantino receives a pass 35 yards out, he runs forward before finding N'Diaye with a nice pass, N'Diaye is in the area, shoots... but its saved.

45': We build up in the offensive end again, Harsanyi plays a ball out wide for Nikolaou, he plays a long cross foward into the area, N'Diaye gets his head to it, its off the keeper and in!!! 3-2

HALF: Well, sometimes with our setup we're just goign to play like we have to outscore the opposition, today is one of those days. Each team shoots 9 times, we have 6 on target, they have 5. They do have 6 long shots, so we're doing a better job of getting closer for presumably more threatening attempts. Stats are very close to even everywhere.

50': We allow two corners, the second one we clear out and start a counter attack. Constantino takes a long ball and runs ahead of the defense but they close down, no shot there, he centers it and the rest of our offense shows up, Upson plays a ball out left for Nikolaou, he puts it into the area to Colin, colin gets to the end line and lofts a ball to the far post, the keeper doesn't react to it well at all and N'Diaye is there to nod the ball into the net!! His second goal today! 4-2

64': They build up on offense, there's a cross in from the left and Marc Williams is there to meet the ball and put it by Lynch easily. Our defense really really let down there allowing Williams to receive what was basically a 40 yard through ball.

76': O'Sullivan and Ferry in for Upson and Middleton, Alock in for Ogogo, fresh legs at some key spots to hold our lead.

84': Smith misses a tackle on Marc Williams, he has a free run into the area, but Mike Williams comes in and tackles it away.

91': They earn a throwin deep in their offensive end. They put a cross into the area, but we win two straight headers to get it out of there.

94': We should have this put away, but Nikolaou just went down with an injury as he was tackled hard and fouled... hopefully nothing long term here.

95': 3 minutes of extra time has turned into 5... we just cleared a ball out of the defense and they were given time to push it back in, they earn a corner. The corner is taken and one of their men gets a head to it, Lynch makes the save but its still in play, they recover the rebound and shoot, Lynch is there again!! This time Smith is first to the rebound and clears it out, and full time is finally called. Thrilling ending.

Wrexham 3 : 4 Woking

Man of the Match: N'Diaye (9.3)
Goals: N'Diaye 2, Harsanyi 2 (8.8)
Assists: Nikolaou (7.1), N'Diaye, Colin (7.7), Constantino (8.6)
Notables: Lynch (7.7), Middleton (7.1), Upson (7.2)

Its been a few matches since Constantino has scored, though he played great today and made some key passes, we're still winning though!

-- Nikolaou is out for 5-8 days with a "gashed head".

-- This is our 5th straight win in league play.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote