View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 10:31 PM   #294
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Let me know what you think! I'm off Friday so I'll grab it from Uplay since Steam isn't selling it after today due to Ubisoft going exclusive to Epic games.

Really enjoyable city builder. I started off my first playthrough and about 2 hours in I felt it was rather simplistic as they've cut out some common mechanics of city builders/management sims. I decided to start over and the 2nd time starting the campaign I picked up on things and understood the mechanics much better. It made the game a hell of a lot more enjoyable and helped me appreciate the game more.

Definitely the best Anno game IMO. I came directly from Tropico 6, which is a fantastic game in itself, and I really don't know which is better. Both have strengths. Anno much slower paced with a campaign. Tropico is lighthearted, moves quickly, and the missions add a lot of variety to the gameplay.

If you like Anno games. This is a no-brainer.

If someone is looking for a city builder with less convoluted mechanics and faster pace. Tropico 6 is at least on par with the best of the Tropico games.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote