View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 12:39 AM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

Holy crap.

Something about Georgia Tech earning a top 25 ranking that is like kryptonite for me.

We travel to Virginia, a team rated about the same as us. Virginia scores on its opening two drives, before we get a quick 2 play 65 yard drive for a TD. After one UVA leads 14-7.

We tie it up on a 69 yard run from our QB(QB runs were open quite a bit this game, a rarity in the option). UVA has to punt, but I botch an option pitch that gets returned 50 yards for a TD. An INT on my next posession and UVA scores yet again. We save a bit of face and score on a 70 yard pass with 30 seconds left in the half... 28-21 UVA at halftime.

We're back and forth the rest of the way, I take a 42-35 lead early in the 4th quarter but another quick drive by Virginia ties it up at 42 with 5 minutes left. After a few stalled drives and a Virginia INT, I get the ball in the final minute, and drive inside the 20. But I'm not used to being iced and pull a 33 yard FG WAY left as time expires... I should have just tried for the TD instead of running time down I guess, I forgot about the icing crap, I've never made a FG when being iced heh.

Virginia scores on a 15 yard TD to open the first overtime, and my QB is hammered and fumbles on a QB run on our first play on offense...

Virginia 49
#25 Georgia Tech 42

We'll still finish 9-3 or 8-4 depending on our home game with UGA next week, but 10-2 is gone.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote