View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #28
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
It will be interesting. Mizzou's problem has never been drawing interest from good coaches. The problem since Alden removed Norm has always been getting the donors to back Alden with enough money to make it happen. The money is there, but not all of the donors back Alden's philosophy.

Not surprised that Haith is taking this opportunity. He's already been told that expectations in order for him to remain coach after next year are very high. For Haith, I think this achieves two things. He can go to Tulsa and get some job security and rebuild his resume. Second, he'd be much better positioned to stay in a job that would allow him the ability to go back to Texas whenever Barnes does decide to retire. It's a good move for him because he was in big trouble here. Facebook is lit up with posts thanking Tulsa for hiring him. My personal opinion is that you have to be careful what you wish for when a guy who had a W-L record like Haith did leaves a job. I certainly understand why he's leaving, but hopefully those reasons don't scare away good coaching candidates.

Come on man. I dont understand why I ever try and argue with the board about you. I still don't think they understand that I just get irritated about bagging on Mizzou but this post is beyond ridiculous. Great coaches want to come here but Alden is the problem? Texas conspiracy? It would be hilarious if he went to Texas but no program is as stupid as Mizzou was in hiring this guy. (Well I guess besides Tulsa)
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote