View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #133
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I kicked my ass today trying to do 8 1 min intervals. I'm still not at all in any shape other than round, but I'm feeling good when I'm done. Feet are a bit sore, but that is bound to happen especially with all my weight. A couple things I've been happy about is that neither of my ankles (which have both nearly been broken as recently as 1 1/2 years ago) have shown any signs of weakness. They have both held up well, especially the left one which is the one that I'm most worried about. The weight really hasn't started to come off yet, but my health is definitely improving and I can tell an overall difference with how I'm feeling with just the 2 weeks of running and walking I've been doing.

I've set myself up with a goal of running 30 miles this month, I feel it's obtainable, already hit a 3 mile run a couple days ago and every time I'm running I'm hitting personal bests in all the split distances.

That's awesome Dan! I think you and I are taking similar paths, and I'm following along and rooting you on.

You're right on about showing immediate improvement in your overall health. About only 2 weeks into my running, I've noticed I'm walking with my head up high and a skip in my step.

Are you doing a C25K program?