View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #134
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
That's awesome Dan! I think you and I are taking similar paths, and I'm following along and rooting you on.

You're right on about showing immediate improvement in your overall health. About only 2 weeks into my running, I've noticed I'm walking with my head up high and a skip in my step.

Are you doing a C25K program?

That's what I'm attempting to do. I can do 5k already with a combination of walking and running at what I consider a fairly decent pace, especially for my size. BUT I'm looking to improve that and start working on more distance. Hoping to be able to do a sustained full 5k jog by the birth of my daughter. I've love to someday beat my real personal mile best which was 7 minutes and something about 20 years ago. I only have to cut my current mile time in half.

One thing I have noticed is that I'm thinking about running a lot now, like before I go to sleep I'm looking forward to my run the next day and wondering what milestones I can achieve. Of course once I woke up today my feet were sore and I had to get myself to go run, but it's a start!

Last edited by DanGarion : 05-08-2013 at 11:17 AM.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote