View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #148
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
You're doing great. All it takes is just more time out there on your feet. As you do more, it will become easier to do it.

That's what I'm seeing. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm working on getting my bike repaired (it had a recall on it) so I can ride that inbetween running sessions as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
That is the turning point.

The first couple of weeks are usually full of pain and soreness, specially if you are overweight as your joints suffer a lot.

Once you pass that, you start to become addicted. I'm also thinking a lot now about my next training season, working on spreadsheets, reading more about technique, etc.

My immediate goal is to run 10k, my max is 8k now and want to do it before the 15th, so it's just a week more until i attempt it.

Today i have an off day (i run 3 times per week now, want to upgrade to 4 soon) and i miss it a lot, but you also need to be careful to not to be over enthusiastic and train to much, as it can lead to injuries and that means time lost.

Btw, this thread and the Strava group is doing wonders for motivation.

Fortunately I'm not having much pain, my body seems to be enjoying the pushing. I usually feel pretty good after the runs, in fact today I could have kept going, but my dog was spent after 3 miles.

I've done training like this before (years ago) so the last thing I want to do is get an injury that takes me out of the game for awhile, so I have been pushing myself but not to hard as I ramp up.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote