View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 02:08 PM   #661
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

hey there, I'm back again Now that we've closed the dojo, I'm finding myself with a bit more time on my hands for mundane stuff, or maybe I should say, to live life, simply. This includes going to see Matthew's swim training and eventually, not miss one of his swim meet. Because yes, he is still swimming. We don't really do year round swimming around here. After his last meet in late June that coincided with his last week of school, he went into vacation mode, playing soccer as is summer sport. He attended a one week swimming camp in July in Laval University in Quebec City and he really enjoyed it. They worked more on technique than on pure training, sometimes using video sessions to see what needed to be worked on. Ever since he started his new season back on the week of Labor day, we have seen huge improvement on his swimming as a whole. This camp has probably made him realize a few things but we've also seen an attitude change. He's grown over Summer, matured I could say. He's now one of the leaders in the 11-12 age group, one of the older kids, being 11 and a half, and he's acting like it. His coach is also telling us about how he is now listening and trying to correct things he's being told about.

He's already cut his previous 50 free time (done in a meet) by a bit over 2 seconds, around the end of a training session no less. This had not only him but even his coach pretty excited. She almost came running to us at the end of the session to tell us about his time.

Us, we love seeing him swim and if he can improve, that is great

I'll try to follow as you post and not get too much behind this time around

FM