View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 03:39 AM   #403
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Aug 5, 2013 (evening)
Fitness friendly for the reserves at Ryton tonight, last chance for players of age to catch my eye before the season begins. We give up a soft goal at 6', GK Alex Archer not looking good in preseason. Another goal allowed at 32' after Dombaxe turns the ball over in his own area. Chinthengah with a blast from the point at 43' to cut it to 2-1. We had a conversation at halftime. Went to Overload with 10 minutes left, managed only one ineffective shot by Whiteley and a ridiculously poor shot by Rickard. Ryton 2 - Blyth Reserves 1 friendly Some players definitely caught my eye, but I don't think it was in the way they had in mind. Giving up 17 shots to a lower side isn't acceptable.
---

Aug 5, 2013 (postmatch)
We agree to terms with AMC Luke O'Nien, he showed us enough that he earned a spot on the roster somewhere. Fans are delighted with the signing. We also sign a youth contract with Elyon Egbeku, who didn't impress but he's U18 depth for $8/wk.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-23-2012 at 03:40 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote